• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendoureecat

I for one am not looking forward to summer starting here.........we have just been informed we live in the highest risk area for bushfires this year, so escape plans are in the pipeline.

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on August 28, 2009, 12:45:14 AM
Quote from: spinner on August 28, 2009, 12:38:59 AM
Same here, they're calling it the summer that never was. Broke rain records, cold weather records and last week we had 11 tornados touch down in one day, which matches the yearly average.  :o

Yes, but here it's been like it for three years!  >:(

Maybe there's been another Krakatoa and it didn't get on the news. Didn't that cause years and years of no summer? :doh:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

stevebedder

WAMT?

Spending the past month or so working pretty much every hour possible and starting a weeks holiday today only to come down with a cold making me feel really pants!!!  >:(

The M6 motorway has annoyed me far too many times recently, far too many to post on here each time but I just don't get it, why can I drive on most other motorways without too much problem but as soon as I get to Stafford it takes me twice as long to drive less distance? My office is in Farnborough but I live just south of Manchester, I can get from Farnborough to Stafford in about 2 - 2.5 hours which is about 2/3 of the journey. The final third can take anything up to the time it took to drive the first 2/3's!! Recently there has been no roadworks or 'incidents' either!!!

Rant over!

Steve

greypoint

Quote from: wendoureecat on August 28, 2009, 11:15:16 AM
I for one am not looking forward to summer starting here.........we have just been informed we live in the highest risk area for bushfires this year, so escape plans are in the pipeline.
It makes some of us appreciate the fact we get a storm and torrential rain after a few days of a heatwave. It must be a terrible worry - it's heartbreaking to see the news film of those who've lost everything - hope your fears are unfounded this summer and you keep safe.

Nemesis

Quote from: spinner on August 28, 2009, 11:38:12 AM
Same here, they're calling it the summer that never was. Broke rain records, cold weather records and last week we had 11 tornados touch down in one day, which matches the yearly average.  :o

Maybe there's been another Krakatoa and it didn't get on the news. Didn't that cause years and years of no summer? :doh:
In recent times western Europe has certainly suffered from 2-3 poor summers after major volcanic eruptions, due to sulphuric acid emissions from the erupting volcano - it was after the Mount St Helens eruption in 1980 that the pattern became recognized.

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on August 28, 2009, 11:38:12 AM

Yes, but at least they had cracking sunsets and sunrises, due to all the dust in the atmosphere.  ;D

Sandy

My friend just texted to say that there was a lovely sunset where she lives in Chelmsford. While in Kent no colour at all and she is not interested in photography.

Sandy

Trickee

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh    just had christmas stock delivered into work ,crackers, wrap, light up snowmen, and christmas cards it's madness but it's business as well. :)

top totty

Got an invoice from some company called Parking Eye saying I had overstayed in a carpark above a week ago by 17 minutes. Rang them told them I had displayed my disabled badge "that's ok then you have three hours.....but have you got a receipt for the food you bought"....who in their right mind keeps receipts for food for above a week replied I..."well in that case, tough, you still have to pay £80". Did trawl on the web came across Martin Lewis (money saving expert) according to him it's not worth the paper it's wrote on.......so they are getting FA from me

rant over

spinner

Quote from: Trickee on August 28, 2009, 10:51:00 PM
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh    just had christmas stock delivered into work ,crackers, wrap, light up snowmen, and christmas cards it's madness but it's business as well. :)

Hah, and I just watched my first christmas TV add. In August, when does it stop? :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Sarasocke

I noticed when on holiday in Cornwall in May, that there were already 2010 calendars for sale.   ???
Our rescue organisation make calenders and we're always chuffed when we have them ready for our open day in September.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sarasocke

WAMT - still not getting a reply to a flickr mail I posted days ago. The chap concerned hasn't loaded any photos since then, I must admit, but I'm always so impatient  ::)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sandy

Quote from: top totty on August 28, 2009, 11:58:52 PM
Got an invoice from some company called Parking Eye saying I had overstayed in a carpark above a week ago by 17 minutes. Rang them told them I had displayed my disabled badge "that's ok then you have three hours.....but have you got a receipt for the food you bought"....who in their right mind keeps receipts for food for above a week replied I..."well in that case, tough, you still have to pay £80". Did trawl on the web came across Martin Lewis (money saving expert) according to him it's not worth the paper it's wrote on.......so they are getting FA from me

rant over

Thats a shame some people are very jobs worth

Sandy

Oldboy

Quote from: top totty on August 28, 2009, 11:58:52 PM

rant over
Ignore them, they are trying it on. They may send you another letter saying that the fee will go up if you don't pay in a numbers of days. These people never take you to court, as they know they haven't got a leg to stand on.  >:(

top totty

Thanks Oldboy. it turns out they offer their services to shops with carparks, don't charge them for doing the service but keep all the profits for themselves. The thieving bas....ds are not getting a penny off me (I really am trying to remain ladylike) so excuse my french :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.