• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 246
  • Total: 246
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Hello from a happy snapper!

Started by Ceekay, May 24, 2018, 06:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceekay

Just wanted to say Hi and tell you a little about myself.

Im Ceekay, and way too old to tell you my age! Love photography, always loved it, right from around 7 years old.
A few years ago I bought a Nikon D3000, always used it on program modes (could never quite figure out how to use the rest of it!)
The D3000 got popped in a drawer and forgotten about when the kids where young.

So present day, and to cut a long story short... bought a Canon SX60, wanted to learn how to work the manual settings. So bought an online photography course!
Wasn't happy with the Canon, so bought a Nikon D7500!... add a tripod, and a couple more lenses, Sigma 150-600mm, Tamron 90mm macro.... and its been a rather expensive couple of months!  ::)

Can I work manual setting yet?... I'm getting there. Learning with each pic that I take. Also learning that my happy snaps and clicky finger don't normally follow the compositon rules!  :doh:

Anyhow thats me! Im off for a wander now (round the forum, not outside) Thanks for having me!  :)

Beaux Reflets

A warm welcome Ceekay.

I'm still constantly learning about taking good shots and post processing.

Looking forward to seeing your photography.

Regards
Andy
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Have you spelt creaky wrong?  :2funny:

Welcome Ceekay. We are all still learning as it's takes a life time to master photography.  :tup:

Any questions just ask and someone will answer.  8)

Reinardina

If you still remember your age, you can't be too old!

I was an enthusiastic (very) amateur photographer, but lost my way in recent years. Still visiting the site regularly, in the hope I get the bug again, as I realise it is a great hobby.

This is a great site, with lots of really experienced photographers, who are always happy to help. So, fire off any questions, ask for advice and share your images.

Welcome to CC.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

Welcome to the forum. When I started in photography, the only modes available were either fixed (what the box camera had built in with its fixed shutter speed and aperture) or manual. If all you're aiming at is to get the exposure right, one of the automatic modes will do it for you the vast majority of the time, so don't feel that you need to use manual.

I found that using a tripod is the only way to make me slow down and pay attention to both why and what I'm photographing.

Above all, though - have fun.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Jediboy

Welcome Ceekay,

Great place this, full of friendly and helpful people.
Enjoy your photography, thats the main bit. And remember its not a competition, (unless you entered the competition!)

Chris
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Ceekay

Thanks all...

Quote from: Oldboy on May 24, 2018, 07:07:25 PM
Have you spelt creaky wrong?  :2funny:

You wouldn't believe the amount of people who call me 'Creaky' on other forums, then blame the phones auto correct!  ;D

Quote from: Reinardina on May 25, 2018, 07:11:23 AM
If you still remember your age, you can't be too old!

Sometimes I really have to think about it! lol

I don't always use full manual on my camera (only if the shot isn't working otherwise), I tend do either AP, or TV. I do prefer AP though if I'm honest.

I also run a forum (totally different subject though) So I just need to find time to have a good look around, with the kids off school next week theres not as much of a routine as normal, so I will hopefully get time to check out the boards  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.