• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Camera's Automatic Settings

Started by SimonW, May 12, 2018, 07:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Lazily, I quite often take advantage of the Auto ISO setting, bearing in mind it is / was not an option when using film.  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on May 14, 2018, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: anglefire on May 13, 2018, 08:19:59 AM
I've not used film for years - I understand why people still use it - but its not for me. I do agree though that with digital it tends to stay in that form and not get printed out. And every time I do print something out I'm always impressed as to how good they look. Must print more out!

I was the same until recently. Every few months now I print 50 or so photos and put them in an album that we can then look at when we wish. I tend to use the offers at Tesco/photobox or anyone that has an offer on. And they are 100% family photos and we all enjoy looking at them. If I didn't do this they wouldn't get looked at.

I`m the same and regularly pick up cheap 100 page albums on Groupon and such with Smileyhippo and Huggler who do nice hardback books at great prices with Groupon deals. Tend to use them for holiday trips or our granddaughter shots

Mick

I shoot most of my stuff using aperture priority mode, at least I have some control, especially useful for macro stuff if I remember.  :legit:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on May 25, 2018, 12:07:34 PM
Lazily, I quite often take advantage of the Auto ISO setting, bearing in mind it is / was not an option when using film.  :tup:

I use auto ISO 90% of the time - I love it ! Yes its a "cheat" - but do I care - does this  8)  face look like it  :2funny:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: anglefire on May 25, 2018, 06:43:30 PM

I use auto ISO 90% of the time - I love it ! Yes its a "cheat" - but do I care - does this  8)  face look like it  :2funny:

I confess to not having used auto iso for some 10 yrs or so.
I have always been "scared" of it after using my Nikon D50 6mp camera one day and it was left on from a previous dusk/night shoot.
All the days shots were very noisy and useless so since that day have just relied on the manual iso settings.
Might give it another try out.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

Auto iso mode works flawlessly on Fuji X. On my Nikon it seems much more hit and miss and goes to higher isos when not necessary.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: anglefire on May 25, 2018, 06:43:30 PM

I don't consider it a cheat, just an 'advance' in camera technology that effectively on the whole, makes it relatively quick and easier to get a good exposure without much thought, training or skill.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

StephenBatey

I use the Sony a7rii on aperture priority because I use old lenses and there's no way the camera can stop them down (or open them up). I used the same system on my OM2 and OM4 again because it was the only auto mode. On my meterless cameras, I also use the same system of aperture priority, because I settle the aperture first and then adjust the shutter speed to suit.

The nearest I could come to auto ISO would be push and pull processing of the film - something I've never attempted in 60 years of using film. Except once with a new (to me) film which was an almost total disaster.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.