• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 267
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 267
  • Total: 267
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Graphistudio Digital Albums

Started by skellum, June 03, 2011, 11:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Because I made enquiries about digital albums at a trade show in Manchester I am being inundated with e.mails and literature from various companies. Graphistudio seem to be the leaders for me at the moment but that may be because they are offering me a free first package worth ( they say ) £ 700.00. I have downloaded their software and all seems fine.

So has anyone any experience of them ? 

Jonathan

Don't get me started.........

Yes I have experience of them.

For a factory churning out thousands of albums on a day they are (1) cheap and (2) on a good day pretty good.

How many good days they have depends a lot on who you ask.......

Capable of stunning albums at a bargain cost.  But don't always deliver on quality.
It's Guest's round

skellum

Thanks for that Jonathan.   Thought it was to good to be true.  Is there anyone you recommend ?

Jonathan

Quote from: Dave on June 03, 2011, 12:58:01 PM
Thanks for that Jonathan.   Thought it was to good to be true.  Is there anyone you recommend ?

Actually they are good enough for lots of photographers ;)  Printing is generally fine.  Binding is "patchy".  Customer service was (it's a long time since we've spoken) very very variable.

I'd recommend my chap but he isn't taking on more work :(  Lots of people like Folio Albums and people who use Loxley generally rave about them.
It's Guest's round

skellum

Quote from: Jonathan on June 03, 2011, 03:34:08 PM
Quote from: Dave on June 03, 2011, 12:58:01 PM

Actually they are good enough for lots of photographers ;)  Printing is generally fine.  Binding is "patchy".  Customer service was (it's a long time since we've spoken) very very variable.

I'd recommend my chap but he isn't taking on more work :(  Lots of people like Folio Albums and people who use Loxley generally rave about them.

Thanks Jonathan,  I think I have details for Loxley so I will give them a look.  In the meantime I will take up the free offer from Graphistudio and use it for the wedding I am working on at the moment.

Colin

Dave, I use Graphistudio Italy as that is the closest one to Spain and we can pay them in €'s. We have found them to be very good, I presume that Jonathon was using the UK arm and that maybe why we have a different experience. Doesn't really help you as IIRC you are in the UK just commenting.

skellum

Quote from: Colin on June 04, 2011, 06:28:41 AM
Dave, I use Graphistudio Italy as that is the closest one to Spain and we can pay them in €'s. We have found them to be very good, I presume that Jonathon was using the UK arm and that maybe why we have a different experience. Doesn't really help you as IIRC you are in the UK just commenting.

Thanks for that Colin.

As far as I am aware all their albums are produced in Italy.

Colin

Quote from: Dave on June 04, 2011, 10:24:13 AM
Thanks for that Colin.

As far as I am aware all their albums are produced in Italy.

In that case I wonder why we are charged more in €'s for the same album as you pay in £'s even at today's lousy exchange rate? The EU what a wonderful place ;)

jinky

Anybody got experience of Nphoto - Polish firm.
http://www.nphoto.co.uk/pro.html
A friend has just had an album done that I am waiting to see and saw them at Focu and looked lie good products at cheap prices.

Jonathan

Yeah, there's only one Graphi factory ;)

Don't bother with UK customer service - they are very nice but don't seem to have authority to do anything.  Just call Italy.  But not in August (when they all go on holiday) or between 12 and 4 (lunch time).

Re NPhoto - yeah I had a small sample from them.  Nice product, good price, steep delivery charges.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.