• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 176
  • Total: 176
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread -"The Weather" Wkly comp 10th- 16th February 2014

Started by jinky, February 09, 2014, 08:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

I also have this one.......(you have to click on it to make it bigger to see the effect). I tried hard to capture the refractions just right in the window drops, to create this zebra effect from the roller shutter door. Now I can't decide which to enter!!

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

This is possible entry for me. Local flooding, caused by recent rain. Its not as bad as it was, and its certainly nowhere near as bad as other places.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Chris, love how the tree has been lit. Did u 'paint it' with light?

Andrew

It certainly does catch the eye , doesn't it.
The telling aspect of the the lighting of the tree, for me, is the lack of reflected light in the water  ;)
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Sarasocke

I really did want to start joining in again here, but unlike in the UK it's just been grey here - no sun, no snow, no ice, no wind, and not really much rain to speak of.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

DigiDiva

You could always fake it..........grate ice to look like snow, a watering can for rain...

Jediboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 16, 2014, 11:58:49 AM
Chris, love how the tree has been lit. Did u 'paint it' with light?

Yes, had the trusty torch handy.
Thanks Chris and Andrew for the kind words.  ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

SimonW

We had our first snow of the winter on Saturday - about a quarter inch of nasty wet slush. I took a photo of a footprint in it for this competition. Then today the sun came out - it was beautiful! so I managed a more up-beat entry after all.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: Sarasocke on February 16, 2014, 07:02:11 PM
I really did want to start joining in again here, but unlike in the UK it's just been grey here - no sun, no snow, no ice, no wind, and not really much rain to speak of.

I'm sure you'll find something for the next competition Carol! Would be good to have you on board again.

I spent half a morning in Winchester today, to check out the River itchen, that is playing havoc with some of the lower lying areas.
I'm in with this shot:

Flood Tourist

I need not point out of course, that I am not a flood tourist. I am a respected photographer, making sure this disaster is duly captured.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Sarasocke

I'll do my best Rei!
As usual I'm busy with dogs, and I'm off to Romania on Thursday ... again.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

SimonW

I can now answer the question in the title of my entry yesterday - No, it hasn't. Today is back to cold grey damp wet continuous drizzle. It's what the Scots invented the word dreich for.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: Sarasocke on February 17, 2014, 09:22:29 AM
I'll do my best Rei!
As usual I'm busy with dogs, and I'm off to Romania on Thursday ... again.

A doleful dog framed by the door (frame) of his cage?

Quote from: SimonW on February 17, 2014, 06:24:45 PM
I can now answer the question in the title of my entry yesterday - No, it hasn't. Today is back to cold grey damp wet continuous drizzle. It's what the Scots invented the word dreich for.

I live in 'Central South' and it is not much better here!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Why is the poll for Weather at the start of the entries thread and not separate in a poll post? Nobody will look for it there.  :hmm:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

I know.....my fault for trying to do a favour. Sorrreeeeee

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.