• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 211
  • Total: 211
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Using Curves in Elements 8 (as in the current AP magazine).

Started by SimonW, January 29, 2010, 03:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

The current Amateur Photographer magazine has what looks like a very useful 5 page article on using Curves for colour control. It starts by saying the Curves tool is available in most applications including Elements. I've recently bought Adobe Elements 8 and I cannot see how to access this tool. The Adobe help system just doesn't help. (In fact it doesn't seem to help with anything at all.) Please can someone tell me how to find it?
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

deetus

Hi Simon
From the list at the top of the screen choose Enhance> Adjust Colour> Adjust Colour Curves.
Hope this helps. ;)

SimonW

Um, no it doesn't. That's not the tool described in AP. It doesn't allow one to change the curve of red, green and blue colours independently. I'm beginning to think Elements 8 doesn't have this tool in spite of the AP article. But thanks for responding anyway.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Simon, try http://free.pages.at/easyfilter/curves.html . This is the curves plugin I use in E6 and E7. It does not give you an adjustment layer, but it is a very powerful curves tool.

The rubbish curves tool, along with no masks, is the achilles heel of Elements (given that most editing is more than satisfactory in 8 bit).

For layer masks go to http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/qt/layermasktool.htm

And hey presto! Now you will probably never need full CS.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.