• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 42
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

SKY HIGH - CHAT THREAD 5-12/08/18

Started by jinky, August 05, 2018, 07:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

CHAT Thread

This week's challenge is SKY HIGH

Might be something showing a building, a creature, someone totally confident in what they are doing or the price of petrol. Anything at all that is SKY HIGH

No restrictions whatsoever on PP work.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 12th August 2018, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 13th August 2018.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th August2018.

Winner to be announced Saturday 18th August 2018

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins

jinky

I guess these 3 solo jumpers were flying high and sky high in confidence! Not for them the safety of a tandem jump that my daughter was experiencing at the same time. Used this one as I managed to get 3 in shot as they jumped from a small plane. I liked their body positions in the air too

Actually prefer another I`ve found so in with this one instead. Now looking again I think I`ll stick with the first one and a new title !  :uglystupid2: The last one seems so dark on here and I cannot modify it and upload another as I have submitted my maximum 3 per day to the site. never realised that limit was in place until now!  ???

Soar Like a Bird

Hinfrance

Nicely in line Paul. My dear daddy, an RAF pilot, told me never to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane ;) Advice I have rigidly followed. In the 90s a friend died in a tandem jump, and I need no further persuading.

In the meantime, I took a shot of home sweet home from a little way up the other day:

Had to be done!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 12, 2018, 08:32:33 AM
Nicely in line Paul. My dear daddy, an RAF pilot, told me never to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane ;) Advice I have rigidly followed. In the 90s a friend died in a tandem jump, and I need no further persuading.

In the meantime, I took a shot of home sweet home from a little way up the other day:

Had to be done!

Looks like the drone is being put to good use. :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Simple

Sorry, Archival shot from me. :-[Too busy at work.

jinky

Nice one of the Red arrows Simple. Reminds me of one of my proudest moments when I shot the Red arrows coming over the runners on the Tyne Bridge covering the Great North Run for a sports company doing runner shots. Had to go up in a massive cherry picker which swayed in the wind as I perched atop praying I`d be ready when they came swooping in as I only had time for a quick burst of shots. To my relief it went well. Unfortunately re-printed as it was throughout the nationals I saw neither extra cash nor credits as I was on the companies time. Great experience though and did a less enigmatic shot for a South Shields event over the town centre. Great fun but you`d never get me in a cherry picker again.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.