• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 75
  • Total: 75
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat Thread - 'STRUCTURES' - Weekly Competition 4 - 10 November 2013

Started by DigiDiva, November 04, 2013, 08:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: jinky on November 06, 2013, 07:09:00 PM
Needs must and I actually took a picture with my phone - I know, I always slag off phone pics and do so few.

Some one once said "the best camera is the one you have with you" - think this picture and scenario proves that point as well as needed.
It is a fact that phone cameras are getting rather good nowadays - and even technologically ahead of some DSLR's with 41mp sensors...
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

jinky

I`ve changes mhy entry title DD - if I stick to that shot. As in entry thread with credit to the Hilton Gateshead as it is the restaurant name too but fits better

kerbside

Can see this weeks topic could be titled "bridges" as I am off to shoot one later, or maybe something else now there are 2 bridges in the "Structure" theme.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

Was just trying to decide between 2 of mine, one is a bridge (well, a viaduct) so it may not be too hard a choice now. Then again, lets not burn our bridges, does it matter if there's lots of bridges?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

I can't decide between....

Victoria Viaduct or Penshaw Shadows

Reinardina

We need bridges; just imagine the detours you'd need to make if you wanted to go from A to B.
We'd probably all have our own little boats to do the shopping and go about our daily lives.

Have to have another look at my possible entry, shot yesterday in appalling weather.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

DigiDiva

Reinardina, this image looks very similar to some I took of a music venue in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, called 'The Sage' (also the venue for my son's wedding last year). I took them for my college project.

Reinardina

Most modern architecture is much of a muchness these days. Some really stand out, but most are ... well, like this shopping centre or your music venue, or dozens of other buildings.

jinky

Cannot agree R. The Sage that DD shot at is an outstanding iconic bit of architecture on a riverside full of other iconic structures built through the years. When working in Leeds Regeneration Service I used to argue regularly about the impact such as the Sage, the Angel of the North, The Tyne Bridges, other cities` great structures in Liverpool, London and the like had whilst Leeds offered nothing. We have a handful here now but if the 50 foot high brick Man proposed years ago had been brought about in red brick at the entrance to Leeds from the motorways it would have had impact. Some modern architecture is good, a lot is standard I agree but I love to see new ideas and change.

Reinardina

I totally agree with your last sentence.

And yes, there are good modern buildings, and 'our' shopping centre is, I believe, to be thought of as special, but to me there is too much that I see in other modern, large, buildings.

Jediboy

Nothing from me this week I'm afraid.  Went out late last night to try and get something. Forgot my shutter release cable and got nothing suitable.  :(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Excellent entries this week. Credit to everyone who has entered.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.