• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131
  • Google
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Quote from: Mick on January 18, 2021, 12:20:55 AM
Quote from: Jediboy on January 17, 2021, 07:18:51 PM
I have been enjoying a more productive time on photoshop  recently. That was until my wife unplugged my Mac thinking it was her phone charger!
It switched off as I was in the middle of editing a photo.

It was rather annoying!  >:(

UPS  ;)

I had to Google that Mick!

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Mick

Quote from: Jediboy on January 20, 2021, 12:59:39 PM

I had to Google that Mick!

We have them on our PC's at work because we get a few power cuts, and it's saved us from some very annoying situations.   I've no idea on price of these UPS units though, so might not be a viable option.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Jediboy

They seem to vary hugely in price but you can pick up a stand alone one for around £100.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

I have one on my PC and NAS drives - (UPS that is) not an expensive one, but is does link into the PC using Powerchute - funnily enough, it came in last night just before 10 for 5 seconds. Electrical noise being the issue - affected the lights in the house, but not much else.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on January 20, 2021, 08:48:39 PM
They seem to vary hugely in price but you can pick up a stand alone one for around £100.

The problem with the domestic ones is they don't last long. I don't have one on my PC anymore because of the expense and limited life. I did try a significantly more expensive commercial one but it still wasn't up to keeping my PC going (750w PSU) and it was also really noisy (fan going most of the time). I suppose spending even more would have solved the problem, but then that would be beyond the parameters of my risk/reward assessment.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Mines an APC - which is common and the batteries are replaceable.

Mines 750W - and I have a few things powered by it - NAS drives and PC - must look to see if I can get the network devices on it too. Currently drawing 126w - with an estimated 36minutes of backup time available. Which is good because, I've not worked out how to soft shutdown the NAS drives :)
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Got to go to Anglesey tomorrow for work (yes it is an essential trip as its to a food factory) - and I would be "annoyed" pandemic or not. Its about 3 1/2 hours each way and what I have to do should only take a couple of hours (it won't, but live in hope!)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Don`t forget your brolly / raincoat. Every time I`ve been to Anglesey I`ve had rain all week - well both times  ;)

anglefire

Funnily enough it was cloudy, but dry - until just gone 5 when it did start to spit a bit.

And I was right - I got there at 10 and didn't leave until about 5:30. Did my bit, but the commissioning guy couldn't get the one controller to work (Its one I'm not overly familiar with, but know its one I wouldn't choose!) and can't see the sensors on the network on the one that does (But I know they work because I set them up locally. But I know there is an issue with the wiring/connector because one of the 4 flashes red when plugged into the network, rather than green like the others.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

This is an easy one.

Our camera club webmaster resigned. He's always been a bit unstable to say the least, but at our Zoom meeting on Tuesday evening he threw a tantrum because one member had the temerity to correct the date he gave for an event in the club schedule. So yesterday he dumped the website admin one me, the site itself is bizarrely constructed even though it theoretically uses a template from the host (Clikpic), and this morning Mr Moodwsing disabled the club's domain name without telling anyone or arranging for the transfer of credentials. Total really nice person.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 11, 2021, 08:33:17 AM
This is an easy one.

Our camera club webmaster resigned. He's always been a bit unstable to say the least, but at our Zoom meeting on Tuesday evening he threw a tantrum because one member had the temerity to correct the date he gave for an event in the club schedule. So yesterday he dumped the website admin one me, the site itself is bizarrely constructed even though it theoretically uses a template from the host (Clikpic), and this morning Mr Moodwsing disabled the club's domain name without telling anyone or arranging for the transfer of credentials. Total really nice person.

Oh dear - there`s always one isn`t there! Good luck with that.

Oldboy

This is an easy one.

A bit like a child throwing a tantrum.  :o

StephenBatey

Not a good start to the day. Commiserations.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

This is an easy one.

Hum, that's not good. And why I make sure more than one person has access to any site I admin. Having said that, the original site was built by a lady - to the spec of the then committee - not a problem its a decent enough design. But its unmodifiable basically - even she can't help as I'd need to believe in ghosts as she died about 5 or 6 years ago. :(

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

There are three of us who have access to the website and domain management. The problem was the little tinker wrecked a lot of it before he announced his resignation. He deleted a load of other people's photographs as well as all of his own, removed external links etc, much of which will have to be reinstated. I'm on it, learning as I go along. To be honest the fact that he disabled the domain was the hardest thing to get going again. Done it now though.

I have obviously changed all of the passwords  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.