• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Chat Thread: Presents: Weekly Competition 13/12/21 to 19/12/21

Started by Oldboy, December 13, 2021, 11:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

This is the CHAT thread

What presents do I really, really want?

It's that time of year when we are picking presents for our loved ones and good friends. On Christmas morning as we pull back the wrappers and it isn't what we wanted but we still have to show our joy as we stare at it.  :'(
Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 19th December 2021, but if you are struggling this week one from your archive is fine.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 20th December 2021.
Poll will be up Tuesday 21th December 2021.

Winner to be announced Saturday 25th December 2021.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.

jinky

Trouble is that if it`s something I really need it implies it`s something I haven`t got and thus cannot take a photo of it. Unless it`s a new something I`ve already got that is worn out  :-\. I`m isolating until I get pcr results so will have to be something in the house.

Hinfrance

I would have to do a photoshop mock up of the execution of Boris and Macron, with the respective houses of parliament/senate burning in the background with sealed doors and all the people who are supposed to lead us locked inside as the children cheer their release from medical experimentation. Wish me luck . . .

And as of this morning we are up to 12 Covid tests just to go home, assuming they even let us on the Chunnel on Saturday morning. I really cannot ever adequately express how much I despise our governments.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

As long as you don`t get up to that unlucky 13th eh  ;). Looking forward to that photoshopped entry  :D

Hinfrance

Got home! after filling in reams of paperwork and questionnaires on line in order to get across the channel, the UK border check was simply 'have you filled in the quadrillion necessary forms?' and the French border control was 'are you all vaccinated?' Which to be honest was a rather welcome anti-climax. Got on a train an hour and half earlier than booked, so got back here in daylight.

Friday night on the way to the hotel was a rather different and somewhat longer story . .

Home, to discover central heating boiler has gone bonkers during our absence and burnt half of Saudi Arabia's oil reserves for no particular reason.

I probably won't have time to do an entry of any kind to be honest. Tests 13-24 will be when we have to take daughter back to Uni and collect the rest of the stuff we salvaged from father in law's house. Less than 3 weeks, possibly less than 2 if the dictator Johnson orders another pointless lockdown. You can almost hear his brain whirling. 'What have we tired before? What didn't work? We need to something. This is something, therefore it must be done.'
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Howard, I don't want to get political, but Boris is in a no win situation. He doesn't do anything and the latest variant causes the hospitals to be overwhelmed, or he does something and they still do, so people will moan it was too late or not enough or he does something and it turns out to be a damp squid - so people moan he did too much.

Sage and the scientists want a hard lockdown and its actually the politicians that are resisting it.  The rest of Europe seems to be going down the hardline route and in some cases mandating compulsory vaccinations.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

The only sensible thing Boris has done was to remove all restrictions in the summer. 15 months too late, but better late than never. Exhibit A - southern US States. I know, I have close family in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida. They have lived normally since this started with arguably better outcomes than the states that locked down and have restrictive mandates and high vax rates. Exhibit B, New York.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Apologies for a lack of entry from me. It has been one of those weeks and I was planning on submitting  an archive but ended up in A&E.
Now on crutches waiting for a scan on my knee to see what happens next..
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Oh no Chris. Not what you needed for Christmas. Hope it ends up not being too bad.

Hinfrance

Crikey Chris, that's not good. Get well soon. On the plus side, you can get out of having to help prepare Christmas dinner!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Cheers Gents.
I snapped a cruciate ligament about 30 years ago playing football. It feels very similar to that.and 8 was just getting back to normal after my last injury and op.

And I actually do enjoy prepping the Christmas dimmer H,  with some suitable liquid refreshments of course!

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on December 22, 2021, 03:09:17 PM
Cheers Gents.
I snapped a cruciate ligament about 30 years ago playing football. It feels very similar to that.and 8 was just getting back to normal after my last injury and op.

And I actually do enjoy prepping the Christmas dimmer H,  with some suitable liquid refreshments of course!
[/quote
Oh no. I snapped my anterior cruciate 30 odd years ago playing football when I was past it. Biggest regret of my life was not getting the op to repair it and managing without but my wife was 8 and a half months pregnant and no chance. My knee has deteriorated badly over the subsequent years and still " goes" from time to time. Good luck

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on December 22, 2021, 03:09:17 PM
Cheers Gents.

I'm sure the appropriate application of festive libations will be sufficient for you to play your full part :)

Knees can be problematic, my right knee was particularly unimpressed being smashed into some armco when I hit gravel half way around a bend while riding my motorcycle. The bike was even less impressed. Least impressed of all was Mrs H. I now stick to 4 wheels . . .

Enjoy your Christmas :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.