• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 286
  • Total: 286
  • Google
  • Bingbot
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekend Meet - 23/24/25 April - note the new thread title!

Started by picsfor, January 01, 2010, 11:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

I will be going to a get together on saturday where Rose's (my wife ) sister will be, so I will have a chat with her about it. I'll get her on the case about accommodation, places that are open and see if she knows of any discount entry prices on the gardens etc.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sandy

I have booked the Friday off and would like to be included in the weekend.

Sandy

irv_b

Hi guys
Talked with my sister in law about this meet-up and she said that she'll keep a look out for any deals when she gets back down there on thursday. What would most people prefer -guest house /b&b or hotel and what sort of price bracket are we looking at?
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sarasocke

Only just seen this thread...

Make it any time during the first 3 weeks in May and I'd be able to join you - at least for one day.

We're staying near Padstow from the 1st May .....

I was going to ask later on if anyone would be in that area during that time.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

minky_monkey

Quote from: irv_b on February 01, 2010, 07:20:03 PM
Hi guys
Talked with my sister in law about this meet-up and she said that she'll keep a look out for any deals when she gets back down there on thursday. What would most people prefer -guest house /b&b or hotel and what sort of price bracket are we looking at?

As long as it`s clean, got a bed and a roof, windows etc and is near a pub, that`ll do me! ;D

(I`m easily pleased!!) ::)

minky_monkey

B&B would keep the costs down, although depending on numbers, might struggle to find one that`ll cope with us all. 

picsfor

Carol,

sadly this meet is rather set at this date - but i do not think you will be alone.

Start a thread asking who is based or lives around the Cornwall area. You might be surprised. If you haven't been to Padstow before be prepared for a really slow and windy journey. It is not a good road to or from Padstow.

You might even get a meet going wih people who can not attend this meeting but can make it down for a day. I would certainly give you a look if the day is right.

picsfor

OK,

so far as accommodation goes, Martin is right in that B&B will keep costs down.
We will be getting up early one of the mornings to catch the sun rise whilst also being out late enough to catch the sunset.
We are realistically looking at about half a dozen as the number tops so a B&B might be able to accommodate where as a hotel will accommodate but probably at a slightly higher cost!

As for pubs, they are as frequent as cream teas in Cornwall! 1 for the men, and 1 for the ladies  :tup: :beer:

Sarasocke

Quote from: picsfor on February 02, 2010, 08:52:24 AM
Carol,

sadly this meet is rather set at this date - but i do not think you will be alone.

Start a thread asking who is based or lives around the Cornwall area. You might be surprised. If you haven't been to Padstow before be prepared for a really slow and windy journey. It is not a good road to or from Padstow.

You might even get a meet going wih people who can not attend this meeting but can make it down for a day. I would certainly give you a look if the day is right.

OK, will do :)

It's about our 580th visit to the same place. I think the car would get there without us  8) Those little narrow roads are really a horror to drive, especially in a LHD car. After taking the wing mirror off a Volvo a couple of years back, I drive as far as Exeter and hubby continues. That way there are no argument  ;D

I'll certainly try to get something set up - I can't come to the UK for three weeks and not meet up with any of you !
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

OK, this thread has now been closed in favour of the Cornwall Meet thread which includes revised dates.

krennon

I know it's a closed thread, but unfortuantely as much as I would love to join you neither my holiday allowance or finances will allow it at the moment.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.