• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 239
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 240
  • Total: 240
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

The unavoidable New Year's Things.

Started by Reinardina, December 31, 2013, 08:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Happy New Year to you all! May it be happy, healthy and prosperous.

Are you too looking forward to the endless programmes, articles, advice and offers relating to a healthy life style, and how to get rid off the extra pounds you gained over the Christmas period?

I have already seen the first low calorie recipes and special offers in 'exercise machines.'

If you are really interested in one of those; hang on a bit, as there will be a glut of them in charity shops and on eBay in February.

Anything else that always strikes you as typical of the New Year?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

brynn

Along with the healthy lifestyle routine, the endless ads for gym memberships (or workout studio, or pilates class, etc.), and also the diet plans (all of which I've heard are very expensive)!

And of course the ubiquitous new year resolutions.  You know, I don't think I've ever made a new year resolution, lol!

One thing I do find interesting, is how many people have a traditional new year's meal.  A friend of mine used to always cook beans and cornbread, and said it was for good luck through the year.  I think the hispanic/latino cultures have a special meal too, although I've forgotten what it is.

This year, I think a lot of superstitiious people will be glad to say goodbye to 2013.

But for me, it will be the same as every year --  I just pray for world peace!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.