• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 243
  • Total: 243
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Inspiring Image 28/11/2016

Started by Simple, November 04, 2016, 08:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

For me this picture is inspiring. Because the photographer has done rather well. This was taken 8 years ago and after 4 years he was a very well known photographer. It inspires me to think that the road to fame (fortune is perhaps too much to ask) is achievable.

jinky

Quote from: Simple on November 04, 2016, 08:23:11 AM
For me this picture is inspiring. Because the photographer has done rather well. This was taken 8 years ago and after 4 years he was a very well known photographer. It inspires me to think that the road to fame (fortune is perhaps too much to ask) is achievable.

But would that image be inspiring if you hadn`t known the photographer had done well? I suspect Tim would not have this one down as one of his best. Does very little for me when I compare to others of his work or indeed other car images i have seen on here.

Alfonso_Frisk

If I was a fan of digital art it might inspire me to sit around all day and play with software to get a similar result.
It does not inspire me to go out with the gear.
Just my tastes I suppose.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Simple

I agree that the image is not that good. But the background behind the image is for me the inspiration. For example there are some Ansel Adams pictures that could be improved upon with modern technology, yet these images are iconic. All I want to make clear is that inspiration does not have to come from the "beauty" of the picture, the history behind, or the subject of the picture can be as inspirational. So Jinky, you are right. the answer is No, it would not be inspirational if I would not have known the photographer. But because I do I find inspiration in that fact.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.