• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 209
  • Total: 209
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: OLD AGE This weeks competition Aug 12 to Aug 18 2013

Started by spinner, August 12, 2013, 10:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on August 14, 2013, 05:18:28 PM
Old age is not confined to humans!

Indeed, that's why I said "anything" changed over time.  ;)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spikeyjen

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Went out this morning to shoot something/someone old, but the weather wasn't obliging. It was simply too wet. To keep my camera dry, I had to lurk under awnings, but everyone else was lurking there as well. It was quite warm and muggy, so people were congregating there, to catch up on the latest gossip.

People going about their business, were all hidden in umbrellas, and virtually invisible. Got a few 'Bus Pass Pensioners,' but the shots were nothing much.

So, I had to use my studio (bedroom floor in this case), to photograph some old stuff that is lurking (lots of lurking today! You would have felt totally at ease, Mick.) in the cupboard.

To keep in style, I gave the end result a vintage look.

I am in with:

Old Stuff

SimonW

Weather! Why couldn't we have had the umbrella competition this week?

(It's been lashing down all day, and a big dog show (for dogs of all sizes) in the park I wanted to photograph today.)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

ABERS

Some old photos and Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates collected over the years when exploring my family tree.

Great Aunt Chris (bottom left), my Great Grandad and Grandma (bottom right), the family group includes my Dad aged about 7, third from the left of the sitting children, the one withh the Eton collar, although he left school at 13.

DigiDiva

'Hands Of Time'

OK, I had a go with an effect called 'dragan', to create in image in the style of Andrzej Dragan. I took an image, hand held, of my mums hands and applied the technique using inverted layers/masks before making the image B&W and dodging/burning some areas. I think this is a 'marmite' thing, like HDR, you either love it or hate it and can use it subtly or exaggerated.

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

My original idea, when I said I needed a week to pull it together was no good. I had planned on a triptych (or however you spell it...) of a flower open, dying them dead but my lilies are all blooming and lasting ages so it didn't work! Hence the replacement image.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

In with a very rushed shot as we were heading home for tea. Old and Youthful  :D :2funny:

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

spikeyjen

I'm assuming that Jeff (kerbside) was the winner this week with his amazing pic of the suitcases.
Just wondering if Jeff will share how he did this (ie what post production work he did to get that look).

Hinfrance

The voting doesn't actually close until tomorrow morning UK time, but unless there is a sudden rush of voting it looks like Jeff has nailed it.

It would be interesting to know how he got that look.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

kerbside

Would like to thank all the persons that voted for my Suitecases, I will think of a suitable topic and post later this evening.

As for the PP it is about 4 layres stacked on top of each other to create the crazed look of the glossy picture, tinted with a light cream colour to give the old yellow look to the borderland then added a vignette to give it the old camera look, it's a combination of Photoshop and Snapseed.

Hope this answers some questions.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.