• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Northumberland- advice please

Started by DigiDiva, September 25, 2013, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

Im going up to the Northumberland Coast in England at the weekend, and hope to get some lovely shots on and around Holy Island/Lindisfarne. Does anyone know where the upturned boats are that are often photographed? On the island or mainland?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

ABERS

A variety of upturned boats that are now sheds can be found on the island around the harbour, some are in a wonderful state of disrepair!

The four that are most photographed are in a line at the rear of the castle.  If I remember rightly you need to be there before noon since the light disappears behind the castle during the afternoon, and of course getting onto the island is dependant on the times of the tides (check before you go).

The coast from Alnmouth up to Berwick is one of our favourite areas and I think Holy Island is a gem of a place, even thought it's been photographed to death. Have a great time, I'm sure you will. :tup:
You're lucky to have it all on your doorstep.

LINDISFARNE SHEDS by abers, on Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 25, 2013, 10:55:44 PM
Im going up to the Northumberland Coast in England at the weekend, and hope to get some lovely shots on and around Holy Island/Lindisfarne. Does anyone know where the upturned boats are that are often photographed? On the island or mainland?

Have a good weekend, with hopefully great weather!
(And show the results when you are back.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Thanks Abers/Reinardina. Abers, I am very lucky, but I haven't taken advantage of it until now. Hubby is away for the weekend so thought I would go up the coast on my own. I have checked the tide times and they are perfect for a sunset on Saturday evening and a sunrise on Sunday morning. Me, my camera,my kindle, laptop and a bottle of wine! What more do I need?

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 26, 2013, 10:00:18 PM
Thanks Abers/Reinardina. Abers, I am very lucky, but I haven't taken advantage of it until now. Hubby is away for the weekend so thought I would go up the coast on my own. I have checked the tide times and they are perfect for a sunset on Saturday evening and a sunrise on Sunday morning. Me, my camera,my kindle, laptop and a bottle of wine! What more do I need?

Err.....A glass for the wine!  :tup:

anglefire

That's just ostentatious - a glass AND a bottle  :legit:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

DigiDiva

I usually use the little plastic cup from the bathroom in my hotel room..is that cheap and shameful???

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 27, 2013, 08:56:54 AM
I usually use the little plastic cup from the bathroom in my hotel room..is that cheap and shameful???

It is! Wine doesn't taste right from plastic bathroom cup.

All hotels I stay in, have a variety of proper glasses in the room, in the hope you'll drink the stuff from the mini bar, or the bottle of wine that is temptingly left in the room.

If that is not the case, I think it would not burden you down overmuch if you brought a proper glass as well as your camera equipment. It would definitely improve your enjoyment.

But, what ever you do, have a great time!

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on September 27, 2013, 09:51:29 AM

All hotels I stay in, have a variety of proper glasses in the room, in the hope you'll drink the stuff from the mini bar, or the bottle of wine that is temptingly left in the room.

If that is not the case, I think it would not burden you down overmuch if you brought a proper glass as well as your camera equipment. It would definitely improve your enjoyment.

I find wine is at it's best when drunk straight from the bottle, preferably in a public park or similar, whilst shouting at pigeons.  :beer: :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

Quote from: Graham on September 27, 2013, 02:07:52 PM

I find wine is at it's best when drunk straight from the bottle, preferably in a public park or similar, whilst shouting at pigeons.  :beer: :dance:
i was going to say right from the bottle if there are only plastic cups :).

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on September 27, 2013, 02:21:10 PM

i was going to say right from the bottle if there are only plastic cups :).

How barbaric you boys are!

If it can't be drunk properly, it should not be drunk at all!

ABERS

And then when I wake up in the late evening I always find that I've spilt a lot down my trousers as well, and it takes on a different aroma. :-\ :doh:

DigiDiva

Listen to you lot, dissing my mini adventure! haha (dissing...is that the right urban word)???? Actually it's only a cheap and cheerful B&B I am staying in. In a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere! I'm really excited. I Will take a nice glass, will have some out the glass, some out the bottle and some lying on the lawn, then I have done everything you all recommend! Hope you all have as fab a weekend as Im planning.

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 27, 2013, 07:38:30 PM
Listen to you lot, dissing my mini adventure! haha (dissing...is that the right urban word)???? Actually it's only a cheap and cheerful B&B I am staying in. In a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere! I'm really excited. I Will take a nice glass, will have some out the glass, some out the bottle and some lying on the lawn, then I have done everything you all recommend! Hope you all have as fab a weekend as Im planning.

Don't forget to shout at the pigeons. (Or maybe seagulls in this case.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.