• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Poll for 'Tool Time' Weekly Comp 7-13 Feb 2011

Started by Hinfrance, February 15, 2011, 10:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite picture

Tringle WP - Swiss Army Knife

1 (8.3%)
Simon W - The tool, the whole tool, etc

1 (8.3%)
Jinky - Homer's Roamer

5 (41.7%)
Bones615 - Brace of Bits

4 (33.3%)
Delamanda - Tool of My Trade

0 (0%)
Irv_b - Stillson Family

0 (0%)
Oldboy - Lifting Tool

1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 10:40:21 AM

Hinfrance

Please vote for your favourite picture.

Apologies for altering some of the titles - I ran into the character limit for the poll options with the length of the code and had to shorten the text to get them in.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

alan1572

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Mick

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 15, 2011, 10:40:21 AM

Apologies for altering some of the titles - I ran into the character limit for the poll options with the length of the code and had to shorten the text to get them in.

Howard, sorry you had a problem with this, I wasn't aware of the limit.  Any idea how many characters it will allow you to post?  It doesn't seem to play up for me, but that might be a admin thing.   With a bit more info I'll be able to search for a solution.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

I really wouldn't worry about it Mick - I reckon it must be 256 characters at a guess - it was really only Simon's 'The tool, the whole tool, and nothing but the tool' that needed shortening. The title took up a quarter of the characters on its own  :D. This was the first time I have ever hit the buffers, so clearly it's not a going to be a big issue. I would leave it as is.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

lol... OK Howard, I'll leave it as is for now, but if it's a problem in the future I'll look into increasing it.  It will need some recoding to do so, and I haven't found the php file that controls it yet. 

Guys, please just let me know if it's a problem.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Homer's Roamer has won this week - well done Jinky - now find me something easy for next week, there's a good chap.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Good job I looked in. Thanks for the votes. i`ll check the required dates and post a theme asap as I`m supposed to be off to Chester tomorrow for a couple of days if this snow clears that came today. Fairly relaxed if I have to cancel - the hotel is £10 a night but that does not include breakfast ( probably £50 each  ;) )

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.