• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 164
  • Total: 164
  • Bingbot
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat thread Weekly Competition - Portrait

Started by Oldboy, January 27, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Chat Thread

This weeks theme is portrait of a person. This can be a stranger or family member, male or female or even children with permission, but must be done in a formal manner like the Victorians did.

No PP restrictions.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 28th January 2013 to 23:59 Sunday  3rd February 2013 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 4th February 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 5th February 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 9th February 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Matthew

Oh......portraits but with a Victorian twist....I got this shot in my head already, classic pose from the Era......subject viewed from one side, back straight, legs folded with hands clasped around the knee......just need a subject..... :uglystupid2:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Sorry boys and girls, nothing from me this week.
No model, no props, no time.

This needs proper preparation, and can't be shot 'on the hoof' (the way I normally shoot my photos), and I simply did not have the time.

Good luck to everyone who did manage it!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

michaelb104

Nothing from me, couldn't persuade anyone to be a model.  I even went with the other half clothes shopping on Saturday to try and get some brownie point but no luck...............
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Hinfrance

Nothing from me either - but then most of you already know our 'house rules' here at H Towers - no recognisable images to be posted on the interwebs.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

I had a feeling entries may be low so I came up with another artistic orientated shot emulating the colour glazes used to colour sepia shots in Victorian era.

Painted Portrait

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Whilst covering Wetherby races with a press pass  I thought I`d try to be clever and get a few shots at close quarters. Most didn`t work too well and the shots I got of the jockeys going on / coming off track did not say as much as this one about the mud and work involved. Coupled with the fact that this guy Andrew Glassonbury managed to win on a horse I backed later at 6-1 which went with two short priced ones to win me £105 thought I`d pick him. It was great getting a pass to get up real close when I finally worked out which part of the course to get to. Got grief from other pros who did not recognise me and so thought I was a member of the public trespassing. One guy brought a steward to me saying "You`re supposed to have £2 million public liability to be here." Very smugly told him and the helpful official that was Ok then as I had £10 million cover and Jonjo (Chief Exec and Clerk of the Course had met me and given me press pass and coverage (on my chest) earlier.  :D
Here he is on Shammick Boy which he rode through the mud at 16-1 to finish 2nd. I never ever bet except on Grand National really so good day for me and I`ll look for his name again.

Thinking about it I have changed my entry to this more traditional portrait I captured. Liked the look of concentration and planning in the jockey and horse - thrown away my race list so forgotten who this is  :-[

Delamanda

This was tough - no-one wanted to play, so I grabbed a shot of me old dad when he wasn't looking!

Oldboy

I'm surprised it was a bit more difficult than I assumed. In my own case the person who I was going to use on Friday didn't appear!  :doh:

This left it a bit late to find another subject so, had to take my chances on Sunday at BMAG.  :uglystupid2:

Quite pleased with the shot I got.  :D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.