• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 19
  • Total: 19
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

My head hurts........

Started by Jediboy, August 30, 2016, 06:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Hi,

Not popped in for a while, but hope you're all well and enjoying your photography.

Anyway, I recently treated myself to a Mac and a new copy of PSE 14 (I was on 9!!). I have edited some photos of my parents Golden Wedding anniversary but now can't find them. They're not in the 'photos' albums and they seem to have vanished.

Does anyone have any idea where they may have gone, or where to look to try to find them?

Its new and I'm still trying to get my head around it - I've always used windows so this is all a bit confusing for an idiot like me.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Alfonso_Frisk

Not familiar with the software but if you open another photo to edit then select save as  it may point to the folder where the last lot were saved to
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jediboy

Ah thanks. Good idea. Must admit I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a go.
Cheers.

Chris

Reinardina

Doesn't a Mac have the equivalent of the File Explorer in Windows? When I have lost a photo, I can usually find it there.
When I open it , it opens in the PSE Editor, and I save it as 'save as' in the folder, where I want it to be.

Also, make sure you tag your photos, which will make it easier to search for them. (I keep forgetting to do that myself!)
You don't have to tag every individual picture, but you can tag the whole series as 'Golden wedding.' (Once you found them again.)

Don't have a Mac, so don't know if this advice is appropriate.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

have you simply tried the search button? (magnifying glass)
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Thanks folks.
I managed to find them but it wasn't exactly straightforward - for me anyway. Need to find a better way of managing this. I guess i'm used to Windows and this is just a bit different. Anyway, thanks again.
Chris

Chris

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Jediboy on September 01, 2016, 08:05:30 PM
Thanks folks.
I managed to find them but it wasn't exactly straightforward - for me anyway. Need to find a better way of managing this. I guess i'm used to Windows and this is just a bit different. Anyway, thanks again.
Chris

Might be helpful to others in the future if you tell us how you found them ?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jediboy

That's a fair point.
I went back into PSE14 and they were there when I clicked the'open' tab, blatantly obvious. I then tagged them (with a red dot which is new to me) but pretty straight forward after that.
Once I've worked out a good and consistent way of managing my photos on a Mac I'll let you know. But please don't hold your breath.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.