• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Taylor-Wessing (Again)

Started by ABERS, November 13, 2013, 08:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

I don't know if it's me but wasn't this a topic of conversation some little while ago, or does time just fly by?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24909897

Here we've got just three images, the winners,. Lord knows what the other 57 are like!

Reading the blurb "I chose to shoot the series on large-format film, to give the images a depth and timelessness that I think would have been hard to achieve on a digital camera," made me wonder if anyone would be able to tell the difference.

Someone decided to break the accepted and perhaps now outdated rules of portraiture by taking Kofi Annan with his eyes shut! Or perhaps that was a statement that when he was Secretary General of the U.N. that was how he approached the troubles of the world.

jinky

Yes another odd set of "winners" Abers. I take it katie Walsh wasn`t happy with her 3rd place in the national when they took tjhis one. The one of Annan is just a strange portrait with eyes closed - I usually cull those shots from my sets if I`ve caught them looking down unless it actually means something! The twins  is nice enough and unusual and the Indian one just standard. We`ll have to get an entry in if we can do better I suppose  ;) Edit - then again £25 per photo to enter!

krennon

yep couldn't agree more, I do normally stick my head in the door and have a look £2.00 entry or so isn't too bad I s'pose but this year (as in 2012/13)  I have to say overall I was disappointed with the entries, I am not saying I could take better portraits but I personally think a lot of the amateurs at my club and at rich & twick take better portraits than some that are chosen to be displayed at Taylor-Wessing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

No pictures of ladies lady parts again! >:(
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

WillyP

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.