• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 42
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: Oldboy on September 28, 2021, 10:06:17 AM
I hear drivers of electric cars have been driving around with smug smiles on their faces.  8)

They can do that, because having an electric car means they are rich. On the plus side I now have experience of range anxiety without having to buy an electric car . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 28, 2021, 02:33:59 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on September 28, 2021, 10:06:17 AM
I hear drivers of electric cars have been driving around with smug smiles on their faces.  8)

They can do that, because having an electric car means they are rich. On the plus side I now have experience of range anxiety without having to buy an electric car . .
:2funny:

Hinfrance

As luck would have it we did manage to fill up yesterday, after one of the marshals at Tesco, where we went to buy essentials, took pity on us, so now have a range of 1000kms. Which will do us for at least two weeks, quite possibly longer.

Funeral this afternoon, so will be a bit fraught I imagine.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Not sure if this is the right "place" for this. Not done much in the way of photography for a while - which happens. But last week my mother-in-law died so has been a bit of a weird week - and clearing the house (Council) this weekend and next.  Not sure when the funeral will be yet as we haven't got the death certificate as it had to be referred to the coroner (Died in hospital not long after a operation) -but seems they are happy enough and should get something next week so it can be arranged.

Bit of a double wammy because she got on really well with my Mum (They both lost their husbands within a month of each other in 2020) and they supported each other and met up once a week at MIL and then ours most Sundays.

And then my eldest got covid so we can't get together with my Mum (Well legally we can, but its not worth the risk)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on January 16, 2022, 04:36:53 PM
Not sure if this is the right "place" for this. Not done much in the way of photography for a while - which happens. But last week my mother-in-law died so has been a bit of a weird week - and clearing the house (Council) this weekend and next.  Not sure when the funeral will be yet as we haven't got the death certificate as it had to be referred to the coroner (Died in hospital not long after a operation) -but seems they are happy enough and should get something next week so it can be arranged.

Bit of a double wammy because she got on really well with my Mum (They both lost their husbands within a month of each other in 2020) and they supported each other and met up once a week at MIL and then ours most Sundays.

And then my eldest got covid so we can't get together with my Mum (Well legally we can, but its not worth the risk)

Sorry to hear your sad news about both the death of your mother-in-law and Covid infection of your eldest.  :'(

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on January 16, 2022, 04:36:53 PM

Sorry for your loss. Take care.

Jediboy

Sorry to read this Mark.
Thinking of you all.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

StephenBatey

My sympathy and condolences to you and the family.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

Thanks all. It is very much appreciated.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Second day running of all day freezing fog. Getting boring.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

I went out with my camera today to get a photo. Was popping onto a local town as my son wanted to buy some CDs in HMV.
I lined up a beautiful photo (a winner for sure) only to realise that I had left my memory card at home.
Very annoying.  :uglystupid2: >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on January 30, 2022, 05:20:27 PM
I went out with my camera today to get a photo. Was popping onto a local town as my son wanted to buy some CDs in HMV.
I lined up a beautiful photo (a winner for sure) only to realise that I had left my memory card at home.
Very annoying.  :uglystupid2: >:(
Done that a couple of times when travelling light without my spares. Card left back in the card reader from last editing session. A killer and as you say robs you of that perfect shot you would have taken  ;)

jinky

Boilers! Our central heating system has packed in once more whilst we were away for a celebratory overnight stay for our wedding anniversary. My daughter called us as we came back saying the heating has gone and the wifi is down - what do I do? She was more worried about the latter! Given that the boiler is 23 years old and has served it`s time I start calling around for a quote. Of course they all have to visit first despite describing what i have and the straight replacement needed. You want a combi they say - no I want  the standard replacement to meet our hot water needs. I ask the question is it hydrogen ready for the changes the government keep talking about . Most are the say but it won`t happen in the next 10 years whatever  the governmnet say - much like replacing all petrol engined cars without having a recharge system in place to cope with it!
I look out the back window as I am talking to the heating engineer and see that part of the fence shared with the people renting the next house has come down - another discussion to be had!
In the meantime my wife and daughter want the electric immersion heater to be giving them hot water and a fan heater on constantly a I watch the electric meter whizz around as if it is on crack! Sometimes life is a ****

Hinfrance

How recidivist of you. You should be doing your duty and ordering a ground sourced heat pump* - will only cost 10s of thousands and probably won't work, but hey, got to offset the Chinese and Indian emissions eh? Good man.

*Although the rules here have now changed and new installations HAVE to be heat pumps, when our old boiler packed up a few years ago we wanted to get one. We were quoted €13k just to drill the hole (our land is unsuitable for a surface system and we were advised that an air source would be next to useless for our house) and the rules were that we had to have a conventional system as well - ie we had to buy an oil boiler anyway. So we decided not to waste the money.

Hope you heating gets back on soon. I hear the weather is a bit nippy and wild in the frozen northern wastes. It's just drizzling here. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Yes our property , even though only built in the late 90`s hasn`t got the necessary insulation level for a ground sourced heat pump to work - very few houses have! The costs are eyewatering for very little return. 2 came out to visit and assure they can install next week if they can source what we want with the inevitable shortages!!!!!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.