• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

The devastation of fire

Started by krennon, July 13, 2010, 02:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Some of you may have seen the news last night, where a tower block caught fire in Kingston upon Thames. This is about a 1/4 of a mile from where I work and we saw it pretty much from the start. I am posting these shots for no other reason than to show the devastation of fire and what it can do, this happened over approximately an hour and yes I did call the fire brigade but they were already aware of it. If you take nothing else away from these shots please take this....Get a smoke alarm fitted £10.00 to save your life ain't nothing at all.....
For the record No-one was injured or killed and all the residents were evacuated safely.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Cracking series of 'action shots', worthy of the local press.  :tup:

anglefire

Actually, assuming its the same as round here, if you go to the fire station, they will give you smoke alarms!

We had 2 from them.

But a good set of shots.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

krennon

Update...well the block looks pretty much like it does in the last shot, there's been some guys in High Vis Jackets wandering around on the roof over the last week or so, and it sounds like they are actually going to rebuild them rather than knock the whole block down (which is what me and most of the rest of Kingston reckon is what should happen to that estate  ;)) according to the reports anyway so will maybe post some more once the scaffolding etc goes up and work starts reckon it's going to be a very long time before they are finished though....any civil/structural engineers that can cast an eye over the shots and see if they reckon they are saveable let me know.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.