• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on December 16, 2016, 10:35:11 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 16, 2016, 01:54:51 PM
Popped into one of the local O2 shops, to top up my pay as you up mobile, and was asked for my name!

Perhaps he was looking for a date!  :-*

I am not rich enough, to be attractive to men decades my junior.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Boiler died. €700 plus. Plumber reckons it was the same thunderstorm that fried our modem a few months ago also fried the compressor on the injector system. Oh well . . . too late to claim on the insurance, difficult to establish causation.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 17, 2016, 08:09:00 PM
Boiler died. €700 plus. Plumber reckons it was the same thunderstorm that fried our modem a few months ago also fried the compressor on the injector system. Oh well . . . too late to claim on the insurance, difficult to establish causation.

Oh what bad luck Howard. When our boiler went caput we switched from gas to electric and installed  the Xiros system which utilises a heat exchanger and saving averages at 25 -30 euros per month . The outlay should pay for itself quite quickly :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Interesting Andy. Our problem means a simple switch of the burner unit for a modern generation version which is stated to have a 20 year life. We are on an oil system - tank gas was always way too expensive an option, and the last time we replaced the whole system we did look at all the alternatives including ground and air heat pumps, but they were all vastly more expensive to install and had payback times that ran to infinity with a sensible IRR. We have a low temperature Bosch system. This uses 1/3rd (yes really) of the oil that the old system did.

The good news (if you can call it that) is that around here so many things get snafu'd by thunderstorms that the plumber has a replacement unit in stock, so we will getting that fitted on Monday. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Glad you`re getting sorted quickly for winter H!

WAMT Crazy! Every now and then I get a leaflet or email telling me about cheaper Virgin Media services and I take the opportunity to ring up and say I`m leaving unless I get a similar deal. Today`s call got me an immediate reduction of £8 a month for the same services or an offer to drop it £18 a month with a different package. I took the cheaper package with option to revert within 14 days if I didn`t find it suited. Why do firms have to be threatened with leaving to reward loyal customers?

anglefire

Because in general people won't bother..

In a similar vain we've just changed suppliers - our current one is going up some £20 a month - even on their best tariff - so switched to Octopus - Co-op was cheaper, but the customer service ratings are very poor. This will be something similar to our current monthly bills.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

The weather forecasts. Snow, what snow! It rained Friday morning then turned to snow which melted on contact with the ground. It snowed last night at 03:30 but melted at 05:30 with rain coming in.  >:(

It appears I wasn't the only one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4116422/Warnings-snow-storm-London-mocked-Twitter.html

Simple

Have not seen any snow either. Mind you, it would have washed away with the floods that never happened.

jinky

We had a dusting that iced over, caused 2 cars to crash into my neighbours garden opposite because they couldn`t drive on lightly iced road and then melted away in an hour. Gutted!

Hinfrance

Had a phone call from Mrs H just after she set off for work this afternoon. Waiting in a queue at a roundabout her car was rear ended. That's the second time in less than three years our Mondeo has been smacked by an idiot. We do joke that as it is grey it is a stealth car - clearly other drivers have a great deal of difficulty actually seeing it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 02, 2017, 04:12:25 PM
Had a phone call from Mrs H just after she set off for work this afternoon. Waiting in a queue at a roundabout her car was rear ended. That's the second time in less than three years our Mondeo has been smacked by an idiot. We do joke that as it is grey it is a stealth car - clearly other drivers have a great deal of difficulty actually seeing it.

Hope there was no injury Howard.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

chris2pher

My very first dslr (canon 700d) that I've had a month fell off my tripod onto hard floor. Most of it works apart from in manual and press the shutter and the mirror goes up, but it doesn't fall until I press the shutter again. Majorly pissed off. Will this be expensive to fix?
:-[
:uglystupid2:
:doh:
:-\

Hinfrance

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on February 02, 2017, 05:06:55 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on February 02, 2017, 04:12:25 PM

Hope there was no injury Howard.

No injury, and so little damage that it's not worth fixing. And then this morning on the school run she knocked part of the front of the Skoda off on a low bollard . .  there is no way I'm letting her out in the Corvette today!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Quote from: chris2pher on February 02, 2017, 10:36:32 PM
My very first dslr (canon 700d) that I've had a month fell off my tripod onto hard floor. Most of it works apart from in manual and press the shutter and the mirror goes up, but it doesn't fall until I press the shutter again. Majorly pissed off. Will this be expensive to fix?
:-[
:uglystupid2:
:doh:
:-\

I feel for you. A few years ago my Pentax slid from the roof of a 4x4 onto a concrete garage floor. It had a 70-300 lens on it. All that broke was the lens hood (got cracked) and there were a few scratches on the hand grip. It's a real shame that you were not so lucky.

On the other hand, when I dropped my Metz 58AF from waist height it ended up thoroughly trashed and I had to buy a new flash  :uglystupid2:  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT ?
Windows 10  yet AGAIN.
Half my apps refuse to open, the search bar refuses to function, on opening settings, only half the options work before the window closes or crashes.
Hours of browsing for a solution only points to thousands of other users with similar issues and many half arsed work arounds including clean installs.
This W10 is becoming (for me), the worst version of windows ever. Even more issues and bugs than the useless vista had.  >:( >:( >:(
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.