• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat RED SKY AT NIGHT SHEPHERDS DELIGHT Weekly Comp 5th Nov - 11th Nov 2012

Started by GeorgeH, November 03, 2012, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeH

Chat thread

This is my first challenge so i hope its an interesting one :) Nice and early as well because i will have no internet access until tuesday night.

The challenge for this week is Red sky at night, shepherds delight, red sky at morning, shepherds warning.

Theme can be taken anyway you like, no restrictions on photo editing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 5th November 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 11th November 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 12th November 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 13th November 2012.  (Hopefully)
Winner to be announced Saturday 17th November 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
I have come, to play.

Matthew

Ooohhh.....interesting.....(doffs Thinking Cap and strokes chin in a quizzicle fashion)........
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SimonW

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

I have an out of sheep error and a weather forecast that suggests there will be no lovely sunrises or sunsets for the next ten days.

Still, the good news about weather forecasts is that past a few hours ahead they are invariably wrong :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

We've been lucky up here this last few days.....the nights have been clear and cold, leading to frosty mornings with whispy clouds tinged with pink and red.....tonights forecast is the same, so fingers crossed the morning will follow suit.....

In case it doesn't, would getting incoherently drunk and seeing a red haze the following morning still count?.... :D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Oldboy

Oldboy

Quote from: highlandscenics on November 04, 2012, 09:13:25 PM
In case it doesn't, would getting incoherently drunk and seeing a red haze the following morning still count?.... :D

Only if you've got the black eye from the wife to prove it!  :P

Delamanda

Congrats on the win George H - some lateral thinking might be required for his week!

donoreo

One question....I have always heard sailor's delight, never shepherd's.  Is that more common in the UK or did I miss something? 

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on November 05, 2012, 03:27:49 PM
One question....I have always heard sailor's delight, never shepherd's.  Is that more common in the UK or did I miss something?

You sure it's not 'red light'?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I'm sure there are variations on the theme as there are with many colloquialisms. Still, sailors' delight doesn't help me much either; the sea is 4 hours drive away.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Where I come from they used to say "Red sky at night, the coal shed`s alight"  ;)

DigiDiva

Quote from: Reinardina on November 05, 2012, 03:41:38 PM

You sure it's not 'red light'?

I didn't get to that part of Amsterdam on Sunday....
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Quote from: jinky on November 05, 2012, 06:02:48 PM

Where I come from they used to say "Red sky at night, the coal shed`s alight"  ;)

hahaha...like it
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

SimonW

Reasonable weather yesterday so I went hunting sheep! Just as well really, it's back to grey, wet and cold again today. There is snow on the distant hills but it's not showing up too well.

These shots are straight off the camera but might come in handy for this competition if I don't see a sky with more red.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.