• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 143
  • Total: 143
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Who is entering the Countryfile Calender comp?

Started by Matthew, May 29, 2011, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

BBCs' "Countryfile" program is running a competition for people to send in entries to be included in their Children in Need calendar. Apart from the winners having their winning image featuring in said calendar, they will also win £1000 worth of photography gear.

There are various categories, but you have to enter your images by post to them as prints.

I fancy a go at it...anyone else going to have a go?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/countryfile
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Oldboy

Enter if you wish but I've never bothered, as the prize wouldn't cover the cost of a Nikon 300mm F2.8 VR.  ::)

Carlj

And if it's good enough for the CF calendar, it's good enough to sell...oh, except only the Beeb can after you've uploaded it....

Beryl

Need to watch your photos on this as the BBC can use them in any campaigns
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

ABERS

Having watched the judging proceedure last year, with a dozen or so people knee deep in entries, it would be more productive spending the postage on a couple of lottery tickets! ;)

picsfor

I believe the BBC T&C's have been discussed here, and this sites predecessor DCM  :tup:, on numerous occasions.

Essentially, once the BBC get your picture, you might as well delete it off your hard drive - now matter how they couch the wording.
Even the cost of postage is more than you would ever seen from an image the Beeb get their sticky fingers on...

jinky

I`m not entering either. Too many entries, cost of a decent print and lack of ability  :)

skellum

Quote from: jinky on May 30, 2011, 06:59:18 PM
I`m not entering either. Too many entries, cost of a decent print and lack of ability  :)

Jinky as a Pro your disqualified anyway... :)

Matthew

Hmmmm....I'm glad you all commented...and to be honest I am having second thoughts now. I might give it a swerve. I have never released any photos to a BBC competition or otherwise. If you think about it, even if you dont win, they still have your work and whats to stop them using it for other things???......hmmmm......
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

krennon

and whats to stop them using it for other things???......hmmmm......

Absolutely nothing at all, and that's the problem they basically take the rights from you, you still get credited as the tog in theory but you are stuck with their T&Cs which is why on principal I will NEVER upload or send a photo to Auntie.....you give them the right to use your image however they wish for any purpose, so your photo might end up being used for something you never intended it to be used for.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

CML-1591

Quote from: highlandscenics on May 30, 2011, 10:26:03 PM
Hmmmm....I'm glad you all commented...and to be honest I am having second thoughts now. I might give it a swerve. I have never released any photos to a BBC competition or otherwise. If you think about it, even if you dont win, they still have your work and whats to stop them using it for other things???......hmmmm......

Surely they can't get much from a print you send in, in reproduction and enlarging wise? Or is there a digital version uploaded after sending or something?
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.