• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Spent all afternoon celebrating VE70. Met loads of friendly, and interesting people, from D Day veterans to lovely old ladies who still know how to swing! (In the 'old fashioned' dance way!)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Lepach

My daughters Cruise ship finally left Southampton today, two days late, after having broken down in a Norwegion fjiord on Wednesday. God help P & O when my son in law submits his compensation claim :-*

Hinfrance

eBay. I found a bass guitar I have been searching for for ages. Bought it. It's wonderful.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 15, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
eBay. I found a bass guitar I have been searching for for ages. Bought it. It's wonderful.

I've made a couple of cigar box guitars and have a hankering to make a "Cigar box" bass.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on May 16, 2015, 11:48:02 AM

I've made a couple of cigar box guitars and have a hankering to make a "Cigar box" bass.

And sell it to Howard?

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 16, 2015, 12:55:07 PM

And sell it to Howard?

For lots and lots of money!  :D :D :D

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on May 16, 2015, 09:40:43 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 16, 2015, 12:55:07 PM

And sell it to Howard?

For lots and lots of money!  :D :D :D
Indeed. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: Lepach on May 10, 2015, 06:29:13 PM
My daughters Cruise ship finally left Southampton today, two days late, after having broken down in a Norwegion fjiord on Wednesday. God help P & O when my son in law submits his compensation claim :-*

On the bright side, she wasn't stuck ON it in the fjiord. Like those poor sods last year stuck on a broken down cruise ship in the middle of the gulf of Mexico.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Daughter and I are off to the Isle of Wight today, for a long weekend.

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on May 29, 2015, 08:50:49 AM

Sounds nice. We can expect lots of lovely Post Card shots on Monday? :)
Ol' blue eyes

Reinardina

Quote from: spinner on May 29, 2015, 11:15:18 AM

If only. Saturday was the one day with great weather, and my camera battery had almost emptied itself overnight. I must have switched it on when I put the camera in the bag. And no, I still do not have a spare battery.

Sunday morning it was bucketing down, so we decided to visit Osborne House. Great photo opportunity I thought, but no: not photography. People even had to switch off their mobile phones. There were plenty of 'guards' so no sneaky shots either.

Daughter hates me taking photographs, as I take photos of everything! I try to accommodate her feelings, so shooting when she's around, is not an undiluted pleasure.

I haven't seen the pictures I took yet, but if there are any Post Card shots, I'll upload a few, once I've got round to editing.

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on June 01, 2015, 07:13:54 PM

If only. Saturday was the one day with great weather, and my camera battery had almost emptied itself overnight. I must have switched it on when I put the camera in the bag. And no, I still do not have a spare battery.

Sunday morning it was bucketing down, so we decided to visit Osborne House. Great photo opportunity I thought, but no: not photography. People even had to switch off their mobile phones. There were plenty of 'guards' so no sneaky shots either.

Daughter hates me taking photographs, as I take photos of everything! I try to accommodate her feelings, so shooting when she's around, is not an undiluted pleasure.

I haven't seen the pictures I took yet, but if there are any Post Card shots, I'll upload a few, once I've got round to editing.

Too bad about the battery. I understand the feeling of unexpected obstacles. I went out to my local botannical garden and was about a half hour into enjoying the lilacs when my camera's shutter locked up. I wasn't able to figure out a fix until I got home and had access to the internet. Camera's fine now.

My family have been exposed to my photography for 40 yrs. They know it's what gets me walking about. The only exercise I get these days. Sorry to hear your daughter's not in tune.
Ol' blue eyes

Reinardina

Quote from: spinner on June 01, 2015, 07:49:44 PM

Too bad about the battery. I understand the feeling of unexpected obstacles. I went out to my local botannical garden and was about a half hour into enjoying the lilacs when my camera's shutter locked up. I wasn't able to figure out a fix until I got home and had access to the internet. Camera's fine now.

My family have been exposed to my photography for 40 yrs. They know it's what gets me walking about. The only exercise I get these days. Sorry to hear your daughter's not in tune.

So you don't have a smart phone either, otherwise you could have googled the shutter question there and then.

No, sadly Daughter is not in tune.

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on June 01, 2015, 08:22:56 PM
Quote from: spinner on June 01, 2015, 07:49:44 PM

So you don't have a smart phone either, otherwise you could have googled the shutter question there and then.

No, sadly Daughter is not in tune.

I do have a smart phone, but internet access is spotty at best. :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

After forgetting to recharge my one battery on the D200 I started buying a spare battery when I brought a new camera. Unlike the other cameras you could switch off the D200, leave it for a minute, turn back on and take another photo. Doing this allowed me to take another twenty shots. It's never worked with any other battery model.  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.