• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 145
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

GRAPHIC TABLETS

Started by ABERS, August 30, 2010, 03:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Does anyone use these. I have the opportunity to buy one secondhand, but am put off by a couple of mates who find them difficult to use.

Any comments please.

bones615

I have a small A5 size cheapy, dont use it much but when you get the hang of it - its much easier than a mouse to draw around things in PS, but thats the only use ive found for it.

Simon

Graham

No I don't use one , but I understand the general consensus is that once you get used to them you never go back to a mouse.
                                     Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

irv_b

Hi Alan
I sought the advice of one and all about this topic last year and a quick flit through this http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1002.0 may help you
My son uses his a lot for his graphic work and I have had a play with it but not kept it up but asking him it seems the more you use it the much easier (and quicker) it gets.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

Thanks chaps and the steer to the past thread Irv. Decisions, decisions!! :-\

Hinfrance

The mouse is for moving sliders, the pen is for everything else.

I started using one when I got 'mouse finger' back in the 90s. I think they are brilliant, but I do appreciate that they are not everyone's cup of tea.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I use mine when I'm doing a lot of detailed work in PS - but with two screens, it can be a light pain, cos I've got the pad to just map the one screen, and have all the panels/bridge on the other screen, so have to use the mouse for that.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on August 31, 2010, 08:17:12 AM
I use mine when I'm doing a lot of detailed work in PS - but with two screens, it can be a light pain, cos I've got the pad to just map the one screen, and have all the panels/bridge on the other screen, so have to use the mouse for that.

If you have them then set one of the buttons on the pad to "display toggle" and set display toggle how you like it.  I can use mine on one screen but if I need tool on the other I hit a button and it maps to both.  Or map to both but swap to one if I need the fine control.
It's Guest's round

skellum

I have used a pen / graphics tablet for years now and have it working on both my screens. I thought I had a serious computer problem over the weekend but it turned out to be the graphics tablet ( my second one which is about 4 years old ) so I am back to using a mouse until I find a replacement and it feels very strange.
One thing that is annoying about pen / graphic tablets is when you need to write something down on paper you forget what you have in your hand and vice versa. :legit:

spinner

I have one, but I find the arthritis in my wrist doesn't allow me the fine motor control needed to be any good at it. Of course a young man such as yourself wouldn't have those issues.  :legit: A big clunky mouse works fine.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

[
Quote from: Jonathan on August 31, 2010, 08:20:54 AM

If you have them then set one of the buttons on the pad to "display toggle" and set display toggle how you like it.  I can use mine on one screen but if I need tool on the other I hit a button and it maps to both.  Or map to both but swap to one if I need the fine control.

Didn't know you could do that  :-[

I'll have a look later - got to go to work now  :legit:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.