• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 238
  • Total: 238
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Cornwall Meet 14th/15th/16th May

Started by picsfor, February 02, 2010, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

This is the new meet in Cornwall where we will get to meet with Carol (Sarasocke) who will be over from Germany.

The plan is to travel down on late Friday afternoon/ evening and arrive in time for an overnight stay. Meals to be arrange closer to time.
Saturday to meet up with Carol at a point to be arranged.
Sunset to be photographed witha bit of tripod usage Saturday night (weather permitting)
Sunrise to be photographed on Sunday for any one still sober  ;D :beer: :beer: :beer:
Sunday travel back to home ready for the resumption of work on Monday  :-\ :-[

Sarasocke

Hi !

Thanks Andrew !

We will be in Cornwall, near Padstow, as from the 1st May for three weeks. Actually it would just be me, hubby would have to look after the dogs ;)

I would really love to meet up with some of you guys :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

irv_b

Out of the two suggestions, I would to prefer reschedule the meet. Getting away twice in such a short space of time might prove to be a bit tricky  :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sarasocke

I suggested to Andrew about visiting Heligan and Mevagissey, which would be a good full day. Not far away is Charlestown http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Charlestown-village.htm - if one of the old riggers is in, it might be worth a visit.
That area's not as far to drive as St. Ives or Penzance - Cornwall is really long  8)

Lets see what the others say. I don't want to mess up any plans already made, and it may be that days off have already been booked and can't be changed or whatever.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sandy

I cannot do the second weekend in May. There is already someone on holiday that Friday so I would not be allowed to book Friday as a holiday. The third weekend or April should be fine with me.

Sandy

picsfor

third weekend it appears to be then!

Sarasocke

15/16 May ?

What say the others ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

That looks like the thrid weekend in May - will just confirm with others.

irv_b

So to be clear about it are we talking instead of the 24/25th April or as well as!
My Gallery

picsfor

Irv, this will most definitely be INSTEAD of.
WE wouldn't have sobered up from the first trip to be in a fit state to make the second trip  ;) :D

picsfor

Note new thread title and plans at the top of the thread.

irv_b

Okay so we need some numbers on who coming, for organising accommodation. I think we may struggle to get a B&B or a cottage if there are to many of us, unless Carol knows somewhere that will do near where she is staying?
My Gallery

picsfor

OK, where Carol is staying is not the easiest place in the world to get to. Certainly Rick Stein's restaurant is not worth all that grief!
Numbers appear to be around the 5 or 6 mark. I'm just trying to confirm and will have confirmed numbers for you by next week Irv, but if family are able to find anything for about the 5 or 6 then that should cover for now.

Sarasocke

Where I'm actually staying is just a campsite right on the north coast, between Harlyn Bay and Constantine Bay.

http://www.motheriveysbay.com/

It's about a 15 minute drive into Padstow. To just about anywhere else, it's a fair drive, but that's no problem. To Mevagissey it's about 50 minutes and to St. Ives it would be just over an hour. Newquay would be the nearest larger town, about 30 minutes away, there's be plenty of accommodation but it's not the prettiest of towns.

I suppose it really depends what the plans are for during the day on Saturday. What would your preferences be ?
Andrew - did you have a spot in mind for your sunset shots ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

To all,

i hadn't planned the details yet. I was waiting for confirmation of numbers etc and location before proposing final details.
The trick Carol is getting a location that will provide sufficient photographic subject for a day.

St Ives has some stunning little streets etc but i do not think it would keep us amused for the whole day.
Newquay whilst bigger and, as you put it, less attractive has considerably more to photograph providing a balance between street life, architecture and action photography (the surfers if they are out).
Lands End is of course always an easy choice but fairly over done as well - though having been with some of those down to attend i'm not sure sure that i wouldn't see some different takes.
The Eden project is another Kew Gardens and we do not need to travel a few hundred miles to visit another Kew with one on our doorstep.

As you can see, plenty to think over as yet. But i will get it all together once i know who's attending and where we will all be staying. Probably confirm details in March.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.