• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 243
  • Total: 243
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

And the test was negative - so she has gone to work this afternoon on the late shift rather than the planned night shift that she was due on last night and tonight.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

Went shopping and bought some Persil (amongst other things). It's a washing detergent, in case you don't know, and carries the slogan "Dirt Is Good" which seems to me to be counter intuitive on a cleaning product.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Oldboy

Quote from: StephenBatey on January 04, 2022, 04:03:08 PM
Went shopping and bought some Persil (amongst other things). It's a washing detergent, in case you don't know, and carries the slogan "Dirt Is Good" which seems to me to be counter intuitive on a cleaning product.

Not really if you think about it. If there was no dirt then you wouldn't buy the product so, for them, dirt is good.  :)

jinky

Finally went to the gym physio I should have gone to months ago. Been struggling with a torn calf muscle since late August that i rest and then seems to go tight or tear again after a week or two of working ok. After waiting 2 days for the promised GP "ring back within the hour" they referred me to physio but said it could be 8-10 weeks before I hear anything and then it would be physio by phone initially! Decided on a member discounted private session where I go for a swim. Guy stood me up and without asking my history asked if I had had problems with big toe bones.Dr told me I had gout a couple of times I said a few months back - "No, you`ve got fallen arches and arthritis in both big toe joints. Any professional should see that". Have you had problems with achilles heel and knee in the same leg. "Yes tore my achilles a year back but it settled down and no anterior cruciate ligament in my knee". Turns out my achilles is twice as thick as it should be and not stretching thus the calf is tearing everytime I put stress on it. he found 5 different tears in my calf and a couple of bits of healed scar tissue with a very painful sports massage. So it`s light exercise fort 6 weeks, weekly sports massage and two lots of exercises 4 times a day. Now how would an NHS physio find that in a telephone call / assessment? Should have gone there months ago as it`s n too expensive and I get back half of what I pay through a hospital fund scheme I`m in.

Oldboy

It's great when you go to a doctor who knows his subject inside out. Hopefully he will give you the correct treatment and, you will be better than you have been for years.  :tup:

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on January 05, 2022, 06:58:09 PM
It's great when you go to a doctor who knows his subject inside out. Hopefully he will give you the correct treatment and, you will be better than you have been for years.  :tup:

Yes in this case though it was a physio. He works with Leeds Rhinos and Otley RC and couldn`t believe that I`d been getting physio by phone for another issue!

Hinfrance

Glad to hear you've got a treatment plan in place. Good luck. :tup:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Firstly, good to hear you are getting sorted out Jinky - easy to be critical of yourself in hindsight!

What has bemused me today (Well sort of today) - Had solar panels and battery storage installed just before Christmas - and its been one of the worst December months for photon capture for at least 10 years (According to a friend of mine who has had his for that time!)
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

My brother sent me the photo below from his phone.

anglefire

Quote from: anglefire on January 06, 2022, 05:17:31 PM
Firstly, good to hear you are getting sorted out Jinky - easy to be critical of yourself in hindsight!

What has bemused me today (Well sort of today) - Had solar panels and battery storage installed just before Christmas - and its been one of the worst December months for photon capture for at least 10 years (According to a friend of mine who has had his for that time!)

Well by bill was halved last year - so not bemused.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.