• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 282
  • Total: 282
  • Google
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

On Reflection

Started by Just Dave, June 13, 2010, 10:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

Another from the day out with my friends, playing with the white balance, this is shot with tungsten white balance, Comments welcome, thanks for looking  :)

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Just Dave

Any thoughts on this shot please, it was just another experiment, that I tried to get right in the camera rather than using software, I used the Tungsten WB, as the reflected sky was just flat grey.
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oly Paul

Dave, this is very monotone with little to hold the interest, by there very abstract nature reflections usally need a colourfull content.

You have really nailed one of the reasons it does not work yourself,  "as the reflected sky was just flat grey."    regardless of the white balence used.

A bright day and more colours can make all the difference.

Regards Paul
One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

Just Dave

Thanks Paul, I'll keep your suggestion in mind  :)

I just liked the simplicity of it

picsfor

I'd looked at the image a few times Dave but but's taken Paul to highlight the issue.

I love reflections - and a good reflection is second to none,but i think you achieved a good capture of a not very interesting scene.
But having seen other examples of your work, i've no doubt you'll be getting this spot on in the near future.

Just Dave

Thanks Andrew, I do agree with yourself and Paul, and that Paul is correct and pleased he pointed it out to me, I will be looking for different, more colourful or more interesting reflections in future, as I have been drawn to reflections lately, here's another a little more interesting reflection, but still not colourful. thanks for your comments and honest opinions, they are much appreciated  :)

Dave

Just Dave

Just remembered this about shot, from 2 years ago in Autumn, this shot is the same scene as the 1st image, had a good sky and flat calm water, apart from a ripple or 2, in the tree area, think this shot works much better, would be interested in folks thoughts on this shot as the first didnt go down that well

Dave

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.