• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 25
  • Total: 25
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

New Camera.

Started by Graham, November 30, 2012, 02:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

I mentioned on another thread that I had recently aquired a Fuji X-Pro1
   The feature I most like, is the way people tend to ignore you when out and about. Since it came out there have been justifiable gripes about it's focusing speed, these do now seem to have been addressed  via firmware updates, to the point where it now focuses quicker than I could manually. There is a manual focus setting, this isn't the mechanical method you may expect, a signal is sent to the focusing motors when you adjust the focus ring (This is'nt half as bad as it sounds, and in very low light the auto focus tends to seach, so in these situations manual may well be a viable option.)
   There is a "Function" button next to the shutter button,to which you can asign any number of functions....all except focus point, the one thing that would be really useful! As you may expect I have allready be onto Fuji about this and I expect it to be remedied in the next couple of days! :knuppel2:

Some pictures.

Some of these pics are not entirely as I would like them, but that is just a case of my getting used to the fuctions (and Fuji updating it as I have insisted.  :))

Any comments very welcome.  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

SimonW

The variety of the pics here, taken in a range of lighting conditions etc, certainly shows off the camera's capabilities. So I'm sure they fulfil your prime requirement even if you wouldn't hang them all on your wall.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Oldboy

Shame about the big white spot on the 'Winter trees' shot!  :P

Cracking set of pictures.  :tup: Always liked the colours that Fuji cameras produced.  ;D

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on November 30, 2012, 04:39:58 PM
Shame about the big white spot on the 'Winter trees' shot!  :P

Cracking set of pictures.  :tup: Always liked the colours that Fuji cameras produced.  ;D

My dear Oldboy (love to know your real name.)
                               Thats the sun, a common occurence outside Birmingham.  :P :P

Thanks for the comment on the pics.  :-*
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Interesting set. Like No.13  and the last. :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.