• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 52
  • Mick
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - The Third Dimension - Weekly Competition 25/31 January 2010

Started by stevebedder, January 25, 2010, 05:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

Quote from: jimthetrain on February 02, 2010, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: stevebedder on January 25, 2010, 07:26:16 PM
Quote from: oRGie on January 25, 2010, 05:57:06 PM
Gratz for last weeks win Steve  :beer:  really interesting topic, usually an idea springs to mind when i read the subject, this one has me initially stumped :)    What made you think of this subject ?

I work for a software company that develops 3D design software for manufacturers, architects, games developers, movies etc. I've been talking about augmented reality today (wiki link) which in the not too distant future will be very common place. It's all about displaying a 2D medium to a webcam and on the TV\PC display a 3D image\movie is shown in place of the original 2D medium in your hand - it's already starting to creep it's way into product marketing. Lego have done a great example where you hold the product box up to a webcam in the shop and what you see is the build up of the lego kit in the box on the screen.

So it got me thinking about how we can use "traditional" photography to highlight 3D in a photograph - perspective, composition, lighting etc can all make a photo "jump out" to exemplify the 3D aspect.

Cheers

Steve

Edit: I should also highlight that the comp is not about making a 3D photograph, it's about highlighting that we live in a 3D world and trying to exemplify that via the 2D medium.  :)

Only read that bit after I'd posted my pic.  :-[  :doh:

i don't even know what it means :-[
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.