• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way.

Started by Mick, March 17, 2019, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Looks like another major Windows update is heading our way in April.

Microsoft's next big Windows 10 feature update is almost ready. (version 1903) Codenamed 19H1, and likely known officially as the Windows 10 April 2019 Update, this release brings with it a few new features and lots of improvements to already existing ones.  https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-19h1-changelog

Hope it works out better than 1809, that's all I can say really.  ;)

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Mick on March 17, 2019, 12:05:24 PM
Looks like another major Windows update is heading our way in April. 

Microsoft's next big Windows 10 feature update is almost ready. (version 1903) Codenamed 19H1, and likely known officially as the Windows 10 April 2019 Update, this release brings with it a few new features and lots of improvements to already existing ones.  https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-19h1-changelog

Hope it works out better than 1809, that's all I can say really.  ;)

Better ensure we all back up our stuff then before this auto installs
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

SimonW

I look after two Dell PCs, always auto-updated. Both still on 1803  and getting regular updates to that but never been offered 1809. I think they might go straight to 1903 but the thought worries me.....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

StephenBatey

Thanks for the warning of things to come Mick. One or two things that could be useful to me, a lot that I'll never use/want, and a few to make the interface run a little slower (aka improved graphics with shading etc.)
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Mick

Did I say April.  Seems there's a bit of confusion over the release date.  Looks like it'll be late May before this update is rolled out.  I can only apologise for the miss information.  Sorry.

My Gallery

OpenSea

jinky

I thought it was odd I`d not had one. Must do some backing up!!!

anglefire

I've just had 1809 installed on my PC - seems to be lagging a bit - can't say its made any difference to mine.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on April 22, 2019, 01:54:33 PM

I've just had 1809 installed on my PC

Oh Oh, 1809  :o  Mark, hope it works out better than mine did.  I had loads of browser windows opening on their own when I booted the computer up, it was most annoying. I did search and found a solution, but it was driving me crazy for a while.  Also noticed the firefox icon keeps disappearing from my taskbar.  (well it's there but it stops working) and have to delete it and add it again.  Seems to be after it updates, though this might not be a windows thing at all.

My Gallery

OpenSea

anglefire

My computer is never turned off - re-boots occasionally for updates, but other than that is left on 24/7. One reason being that it is the server for my heating control system (Doesn't need to be on for it to work as there is a separate controller, but all the data gets transferred to the PC. )
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

I see mine still has 1803 as the version. I thought on windows 10 auto update was always on and you had to go in deep to stop auto updates yet I`ve stuck at 1803  :uglystupid2:

SimonW

Jinky, I look after two Dell desktops, vintage 10 years and 5 years. Both are still on 1803, and both regularly auto download updates clearly marked as for that version. I assume/hope those will ensure the machines will eventually go seamlessly to 1903.......

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

hssutton

I'm now on 1903,  this and 1803 installed without any problem. Have not as yet had a look what 1903 has to offer.

Harry

SimonW

Hi Harry,

Did yours go straight from 1803 to 1903?
That's  what I thought mine might do, but they are both still on 1803.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

hssutton

Yes Simon straight from 1803 to 1903. Still not had a look at what's new. Having broadband router/modem problems at the moment

Harry

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.