• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020

Started by jinky, May 17, 2020, 09:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Macro / Close Up

This is the CHAT THREAD

I want to experiment with my Fuji and an unused Nikon mount to use my old Sigma macro lens on it- so I thought  why not make this weeks challenge related to make me do it? Doesn`t have to be a macro - anything as close up as you can get using whatever you have.

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 24th May 2020
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 25th May 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 26th May 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 30th May 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

anglefire

Actually got one that I took this morning whilst working on the garden!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

I have had a bit of a mare. I thought today was Sunday, it felt like a Sunday but its actually a bank holiday Monday.  :uglystupid2: :doh: :uglystupid2: :doh:

So I have run out of time to get my photo. Will see if I have something in my archives.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

I did my shot with my Fuji xf 90 lens with a close up attachment on it that made it a struggle to get what I really wanted. Only yesterday did I get a chance to do my original plan and use a cheap ebay Nikon adaptor to fit my Sigma 105mm Nikon fit lens onto my Fuji xt30. Very difficult to use with fast moving bees as I was on manual focus with a hit and miss experience re: exposure too. Fuji "by wire" focusing leaves a bit to be desired when in manual. Makes me want to dusto off my trusty Nkon d700 with the macro lens on it. These two were  Ok though.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.