• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT – Weekly Comp – Land & Sky – 18th to 24th July 2011

Started by michaelb104, July 17, 2011, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

Chat Thread for:

Land & Sky

Looking for any images that contain both land and sky in any quantities that you see fit.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 18th July 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 24th July 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 25th July 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 26 July 2011. Winner to be announced Saturday 30th July 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Michael and other competition regulars; when I first joined the site, one of my pictures was entered in the competition, even though I did not have a clue how to go about setting up the next competition, or anything else, apart from coming up with an idea for a new theme, should I win. This was accepted by Dave (?) who set that week's theme.

I haven't made any progress as far as the technical side is concerned, and I'm afraid it may well stay this way. As a natural blonde, I'm not particularly good with technology, but I'm partially sighted and have problems reading, especially words that are unfamiliar; getting to grips with instructions therefore, is something I have problems with.

Would you allow me to enter the competitions, without the responsibility of setting up threads, polls etc? In short, can I have all the fun, while someone else does all the work for me?

I asked this question in an earlier competition, and Oldboy assured me there were plenty of friendly helpful folks about, but I don't want to embark on this without knowing that most of you agree, as you may well be the one who has to do all the work!

Recently my hobby has become something of a passion (I'm talking photography here) and I would like to participate if ...

(I've been entering the PR competition regularly but have not managed to win, so it's quite possible it will never be necessary, but just in case, I don't want to have to confess then that I have deceived you all.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

It's not a problem. A couple of weeks ago someone won the weekly competition but couldn't be contacted. In that case another member stepped in a set up a new competition. On other occasions people who couldn't set up a poll asked if someone else could do it and it was done no problem. So enter as many time as you wish and if you win others will do the poll for you. All you need to do, if you wish is to suggest the subject, the rest will be taken care of for you.  ;D

Reinardina

Thanks Oldboy. You do realise though, it won't be a once off, but every time I win. (Ha ha).
Suggesting a theme, is something I am still capable of, thank goodness.

Okay, I'll see if I have a recently taken shot that's suitable, or whether I should go out and have a go at taking a winner!

Thanks again.

Reinardina.

SimonW

Reinardina, I've been lucky enough to have to set up the poll a couple of times - and managed to make a hash of it too. But I'd be very happy to do it for you if asked - and I'm sure I won't be the only one to offer...
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Yep, we all share here.

Having just got back from Blighty and with the next suite of summer (sic) visitors installed, I haven't had much time. So I decided to get some of the abundant clouds we have had lately in the shot. Here's a view from the end of the garden (term used loosely, it's more like a pile of chalk rocks with the occasional weed).

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Thank you Simon and Howard. Makes me feel a little less awkward to know that there are more than one 'helper' around.

michaelb104

No entry from me this week, I've spent the last two days feeling like cr4p, I think I've managed to catch this bug thing that is doing the rounds  :(  and now I'm feeling really sorry for myself  :-\
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Oldboy

Quote from: michaelb104 on July 25, 2011, 12:25:43 PM
No entry from me this week, I've spent the last two days feeling like cr4p, I think I've managed to catch this bug thing that is doing the rounds  :(  and now I'm feeling really sorry for myself  :-\

That's flu from our wonderful summer!  :'(  :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.