• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL - FUN

Started by Jediboy, March 16, 2021, 11:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite image

The Tower

1 (14.3%)
Spinning Class

5 (71.4%)
Trampoline

1 (14.3%)
Fun in the Sun

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 20, 2021, 11:18:20 AM

Jediboy

Please vote for your favourite image.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Looking in from my sick bed it looks like I've got this one but need help.  Struck down last Tuesday with fever, headaches, joint aches I thought I'd got the dreaded covid. A negative test ensued - assuming I did it right as doing it yourself in a car when so unwell seems a ridiculous test of dexterity that I fear I failed. Anyway by Thursday my lower right leg turned a shade if scarlet I'd never seen before and a phone call with photos sent came with a duagnosis of cellulitis. I was given a magadose of antibiotics 1 gramme 4 times a day , twice / 4 times any previous allocation and told to draw around the red area to detect increases in size as could worsen to sepsis. By next day the pain was intense and I was debating how to get to a and e when the dr called back feeling he' d better breach protocol and actually see me and I got a taxi down. He declared me on the cusp of hospital admission but said I could stay home the weekend as long as the redness didn't advance up my leg in which case immediate 999 call. And that's where I am. Lying with it elevated and every hour facing excrucuating pain when I stand to get the blood moving. I'm afraid I cannot do an entry this week and cannot get on pc to set a theme for this assumed win. Could someone do it for me to keep things going please with a theme of Cats and Dogs as it's pouring at the moment. Any interpretation / editing. I thought cellulitis were those thigh dimples on overweight people but this pain is the worst I've experienced. Has me really worried so if I'm not about might have ended up in hospital. Thanks, Paul

Jediboy

Paul, firstly I'm very sorry to hear of your current situation. Sounds awful but glad the Dr seems to be being proactive and actually seeing you.
I hope the meds and the rest do their bit and that you are soon on a speedy road to recovery.

I am more than happy to do the theme for Cats and Dogs. I'll get it done today. And congrats on the impending win.

Take care and get well soon. I look forward to hearing that you are up and about and fully recovered very soon.

Chris
C

Chris

Hinfrance

Good grief Paul it sounds dreadful. I had to look it up, but is at least bacterial which means the ABs should cure it in time. In the meantime look after yourself and definitely don't hesitate to get an ambulance to hospital if it gets any worse at all.

We'll look forward to having you back at full strength very soon.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Get better soon Jinky.  :tup:

Well done on the win.  :tup:

anglefire

Paul - was a little shocked to read your post just - What some will do to get out of posting a new theme up..

In all seriousness, get yourself better as that is the No1 priority.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Thanks for doing that Jediboy and thanks for all the wellwishes. Seem to be picking up as the fevers have stopped. The pain and swelling in the leg is shocking though and when I go to stand up it is extreme. The good sign is the scarlet skintones haven't expanded further up my leg so hospital seemingly averted. Very nasty disease I'd  not heard of before. Wouldn't wish it onanyone - not even Steve Bruce! I won't get a new shot done but if I can get up for a bit might have an abstract from last week.
Thanks again
Paul

Jediboy

It is a pleasure, and I am pleased to hear that you are picking up.  :tup:

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.