• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 206
  • Total: 206
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

NATURAL LIGHT - CHAT thread for weekly comp 6th-11th January 2015

Started by jinky, January 06, 2015, 11:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Took this this morning whilst kids having breakfast. I put a container on a windowsill and used the sun to light up the bubbles.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

ABERS

Been watching this with interest and not a little puzzlement. Natural Light covers just about anything, perhaps 95% of everything posted on CC.

Is thing a way of setting a theme that is 'OPEN'?  A theme that never seemed to grab anyone when it was proposed  during earlier discussions about the competition.

Perhaps the next theme should be 'A PICTURE' :legit:

Hinfrance

I disagree Abers - the topic is quite narrow. Yes, most pictures are lit by natural light, but natural light is not their subject. To my way of thinking the image has to show the impact of natural light, not simply be lit by it. That implies that the light must interact in a very noticeable way with the objects or people in the image :)

I shall be voting accordingly!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

In connection with your comment Abers - didn't you say the same last time I chose a theme? Let's see your interpretation of the theme. Looking forward to an entry from you.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Again following Abers comment, what if my image was taken using a flash or studio lighting .........surely this wouldn't be natural lighting? Natural lighting rules out most of my images as I love still light with set lighting.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Surely ANYTHING that is reflected off of something is not Natural Light, to me Natural = uninterrupted light.

When the sun  is blocked by the clouds or reflects off other objects, it is experienced as diffused light, if this helps in anyway.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: kerbside on January 11, 2015, 05:48:32 PM

When the sun  is blocked by the clouds or reflects off other objects, it is experienced as diffused light, if this helps in anyway.

Still Natural  in my view  ;) - Of Nature  - Lit by the Sun - Even when bouncing off the Moon or refracted through a chunk of glass -  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on January 11, 2015, 04:46:50 PM
In connection with your comment Abers - didn't you say the same last time I chose a theme? Let's see your interpretation of the theme. Looking forward to an entry from you.

No entry from me I'm afraid. However I see natural light as any light source that emanates ultimately from the sun Whether it is reflected, diffused, concentrated by or through a lens.

Light that is generated physical or electromechanical means is surely not natural.

Is infrared light natural?  :doh:

jinky

Nothing from me this week as I just have not had time to pick up the camera in the timescale open to me. Thought this was a fairly wide open brief myself looking to make the most of natural light without studio / flash intervention. I`ll be looking for the shot accentuating the use of natural light. Don`t really see where the debate is but probably lacked clear definition (if needed) because it was a theme set by 3 people probably with differing  meanings themselves.

Oldboy

All light is energy. Energy can neither be created or destroyed. It must therefore follow that all light is natural.  :-*

Jediboy

After reading the thread more closely I decided not to enter my photo. Didn't feel it was true to the brief.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.