• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
  • Google
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: kevin-64 on March 11, 2020, 11:11:18 AM
why cant i upload any pictures

Cos you`re way over the limit - see other post

anglefire

My trip to Morocco has had to be cancelled. Any passenger transport between Spain and Morocco has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Gutted is an understatement.   :'(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

That`s hard luck. Everywhere the borders are closing. Worried about my youngest daughter`s job in the airline industry just now and the restaurants, bars , clubs etc. Harsh to say it but with no vaccine in sight for months you do wonder whether it`s best to hit it full on and try to get the herd immunity sooner rather than later.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on March 13, 2020, 08:58:45 PM
That`s hard luck. Everywhere the borders are closing. Worried about my youngest daughter`s job in the airline industry just now and the restaurants, bars , clubs etc. Harsh to say it but with no vaccine in sight for months you do wonder whether it`s best to hit it full on and try to get the herd immunity sooner rather than later.

I may be wrong but herd immunity is perhaps a matter of evolution that occurs over the span of time as the virus mutates, rather than being over the number of cases occurring during the early days of an outbreak per say.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Yes I`ve no idea really Andy  just talking through my a@*# like so many do on social media. Panic and talking bullshit is even more infectious than the virus it seems  ;D

Jediboy

The whole panic buying thing is ridiculous. A bit like the Christmas panic buying, it drives me a bit mad.
Wise to take sensible precautions but don't go over the top with stuff.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 13, 2020, 05:51:10 PM
My trip to Morocco has had to be cancelled. Any passenger transport between Spain and Morocco has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Sorry to hear this. Horrible when you save and build up for something only for it suddenly get taken away from you. Hopefully its something you can enjoy in due course.

Chris

Oldboy

There is a vaccine been prepared now and could be released within a month or so.  :tup:

anglefire

Quote from: Jediboy on March 14, 2020, 03:09:12 PM

Sorry to hear this. Horrible when you save and build up for something only for it suddenly get taken away from you. Hopefully its something you can enjoy in due course.

Yes its a pain in the arris! Just trying to sort the ferries out and either cancel them or move the dates. But we have rescheduled to easter 2021 - and we are going to do the NC500 around Scotland this year instead for 7/10 days.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

That sounds great and nice to have something to look forward to.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on March 15, 2020, 07:13:17 AM

Yes its a pain in the arris! Just trying to sort the ferries out and either cancel them or move the dates. But we have rescheduled to easter 2021 - and we are going to do the NC500 around Scotland this year instead for 7/10 days.
I want to do the 500 sometime too. Thinking about May depending on how things go and whether there is availability to stay as it gets busy and lack of overseas options will make it harder!

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on March 14, 2020, 08:52:40 PM

There is a vaccine been prepared now and could be released within a month or so.  :tup:
I`ve read end of the year at earliest as they need to clear hurdles for human testing

anglefire

Quote from: jinky on March 15, 2020, 12:48:23 PM
Quote from: anglefire on March 15, 2020, 07:13:17 AM

I want to do the 500 sometime too. Thinking about May depending on how things go and whether there is availability to stay as it gets busy and lack of overseas options will make it harder!

We are going in Land Rovers and are carrying rood tents so are self sufficient in that regard - planning to wild camp of some nights too. Should also be very dark at night and if its clear should be some good stars to see.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

And now Scotland is looking unlikely. ??
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

PM still too vague. My daughter has her first day back at work after a year of maternity leave working in a new area. The nursery call saying she must collect 2 children as one of them coughed. No temperature, not persistent and a child who  throughout her 2 years at nursery has been known to  have coughs and treatment for asthma etc. So now to follow government advice she and her husband have to isolate the family for 2 weeks according to nursery who will not take the children even if not coughing tomorrow. Initially we were on our way to pick them up but my daughter said we`d have to self isolate with them if we did so so turned us back. The whole thing is crazy. I sometimes wonder if we`d have been best just letting the virus hit us full on. What sense is there in delaying it when there is still no vaccine likely for months. My other daughter meantime works for an airline, Jet2 who have been very good with customers in cancelling holidays / flights / getting them back. I hope they are able to be so good to staff but fear that she`ll be sent on unpaid leave anytime now as BA and others have already done.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.