• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Explaining the inexplicable.

Started by ABERS, May 29, 2011, 08:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

We all have problems with making sure that the pictures we make are understood by the people that view them. What were our intentions and feelings when we pressed the button or why did we process them in the way that we did?

Now it would seem somewhat banal to take a series of pictures of a chap mowing a lawn, but it appears we would be wrong in taking that view, or so we are lead to believe by the author of just such a series. It goes to show that if you think hard enough you can come up with whatever explanations you like as to why such a series are worthy of inclusion in an exhibition.

I've often said before I am certain I'm photographically dyslexic and visually illiterate, and this video confirms my self diagnosis I'm afraid. :(

I like the 'sounds off' at the end of someone shooting themself after listening to him :legit:

http://vimeo.com/15230515

Beaux Reflets

I think it was summed up nicely by the weather phrase  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

skellum

Not wishing to appear jealous of this " Artist " for his work / exhibition but I think people like him seem to be living some sort of charmed existance that they are very good at getting away with.../ :knuppel2:

Hinfrance

I don't know much about art, but I do know about pretentious nonsense.

Mr Graham is an expert.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

We have a phrase in England.....Crap.  :uglystupid2:

nickt

Pretentious crap. I've never heard of the saying 'monkey's wedding' to describe sun and rain.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: nickt on May 29, 2011, 10:57:18 PM
Pretentious crap. I've never heard of the saying 'monkey's wedding' to describe sun and rain.

As said, that summed it up for me too. A bit like aunt fanny at the breakfast table, a load of flannel in a snap that tickles someones imagination, and gets somewhere through a measure in audacity and or interesting title and byline.  :2funny:

Should'nt knock it though, someday someone may latch on to some of your shots, inviting delightful struggle abounding phrases.  :tup: :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Cathus

for someone who thinks he knows what makes good art, it's a shame he didn't produce any.

'monkey's wedding'?

Markulous

Actually, I've no problem with his photographic social commentary but I wouldn't have suggested it was "good" or sufficient to go into an exhibition - he's obviously just generally confused:
QuoteIn South African English, a sunshower is referred to as a "monkey's wedding"
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Malcolm1938

Probably hardly worth a mention but when I lived in Aberdeen I heard the expression Monkey's Birthday used to describe a mixture of sunshine and rain.

The poor chap in the video did not seem to understand what he was trying to explain - the words IS IT came up so often that I think he is really hoping that someone else will explain it to him.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

mondmagu

The video held my attention for about one second,then I switched it off.Did nothing for me at all!! If this is art,I fear the world is coming to an end.

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.