• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Foriegn travel

Started by irv_b, September 08, 2009, 01:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

I am hoping (saving avidly) to take my wife to Barbados for her 50th birthday next year and having been looking at site with travel photopgraphy in them and then I came across this site and was stunned at the images (I wish I had the vision to take pics that good) of Russia a place most people still think of as a drab hard lifeless place
So have any of you guys been somewhere and was totally unexpectedly surprised/amazed at what was there to shoot

(copy and paste)
http://www.maximishin.com/view.php?photo_id=206&screen=0&cat_id=8&action=images&lng=
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

jinky

I went for an all inclusive family holiday at Easter to Icmeler, Turkey. Did not expect muchand as it was a family holiday I left my main gear at home and settled for my compact. What an error! Ephesus and Dalyan little day trips aimed to cheer me up from a weeks lounging in the sun which I hate were quite stunning. If you get the chance check them out. A few pics here with a compact   :-[
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8380407@N03/sets/72157616983296383/

Never having been to Turkey before i`ll be back - really nice friendly people everywhere we went.

ABERS

There seem to be "flavours of the year" as far as venues are concerned. Two or three years ago photographic trips were organised for Route 66 and all the dilapidated diners, then Yosemite, that  was followed by Cuba and you coudn't move for cigar smoking old women and rusting Cadillacs.

Now the place to visit is Georgia and Romania where the populace will let you into their houses, for a fee of course, to photograph Granny and Grandpa in pleasant peasant surroundings.

Darren1978

Quote from: jinky on September 08, 2009, 05:36:00 PM

Never having been to Turkey before i`ll be back - really nice friendly people everywhere we went.

The girlfriend and I are going to Turkey (Kalkan) on Thursday evening....we've never been before so your comments about the Turkish are quite reassuring  :)

From the images I've seen of Kalkan it looks like a photogenic place so the camera gear will be coming with me.  The surrounding area alos looks good too, so I'm hoping for a bumper haul of images!

hevans

My favourite foreign travel destination is Herefordshire. Green rolling hills, good beer, top of May Hill is stunning, Malvern Hills.

H.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.