• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

File Recovery software

Started by Mick, February 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Recuva File Recovery

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!  http://www.piriform.com/recuva
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

I use ZAR, as I brought the full program.  :tup:  http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

Mick

Quote from: Oldboy on February 12, 2011, 11:17:14 PM

ZAR is very good, from what others have said.    I've added a link to ZAR to your post, and changed the title of the thread.   Maybe anyone who has a recommended / preferred file recovery system could post it here.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

Quote from: admin on February 12, 2011, 11:53:56 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on February 12, 2011, 11:17:14 PM

ZAR is very good, from what others have said.    I've added a link to ZAR to your post, and changed the title of the thread.   Maybe anyone who has a recommended / preferred file recovery system could post it here.  ;)

With Zar, it's only digital images you can recover for free. To recover other files you need the full program but have to pay for it. Can't understand why Microsoft, who had a file recovery program in Dos 6, didn't continued it. It was great as you could also recover files you had changed, to the state before you changed it. You can still recover file that you delete in Windows from the recycle bin, as long as you don't clear it.  :tup:

Colin

Another vote for ZAR it seems to work where others fail.

irv_b

Found this today on a little look through some of the blogs that I read
http://lightingmods.blogspot.com/
mind you most of the sounds aren't that different to me, but do give you an idea
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Skhilled

Quote from: admin on February 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM
Recuva File Recovery

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!  http://www.piriform.com/recuva

That company also created Ccleaner which is very good! :)

I just downloaded Recuva and will give it a shot. Thanks. :)

Quote from: Oldboy on February 13, 2011, 12:02:32 AM
Can't understand why Microsoft, who had a file recovery program in Dos 6, didn't continued it. It was great as you could also recover files you had changed, to the state before you changed it. You can still recover file that you delete in Windows from the recycle bin, as long as you don't clear it.  :tup:

There were a few programs that MS should have kept but was killed as part of their "Time to get rid of DOS" initiative. :P It is possible that some programs like that might still work via the command line, perhaps. Maybe i'll dig up my old floppies and check it out one day. LOL
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Oldboy

Quote from: Skhilled on February 13, 2011, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: admin on February 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM
Recuva File Recovery

Quote from: Oldboy on February 13, 2011, 12:02:32 AM
Can't understand why Microsoft, who had a file recovery program in Dos 6, didn't continued it. It was great as you could also recover files you had changed, to the state before you changed it. You can still recover file that you delete in Windows from the recycle bin, as long as you don't clear it.  :tup:

There were a few programs that MS should have kept but was killed as part of their "Time to get rid of DOS" initiative. :P It is possible that some programs like that might still work via the command line, perhaps. Maybe i'll dig up my old floppies and check it out one day. LOL

If memory serves me right, I think a company was going to sue them if they didn't drop it from futher releases. As for getting rid of Dos, it's still there but they hid it from you whilst Windows load. You can use Dos commands in Vista but some have changed, like 'Cd..' , which took you to the next folder up. It doesn't work in Vista.  :'(

anglefire

QuoteYou can use Dos commands in Vista but some have changed, like 'Cd..' , which took you to the next folder up. It doesn't work in Vista.

Works ok for me in Vista.  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on February 13, 2011, 09:46:49 PM
QuoteYou can use Dos commands in Vista but some have changed, like 'Cd..' , which took you to the next folder up. It doesn't work in Vista.

Works ok for me in Vista.  :tup:

Very strange, as I've just tried it again and it works, but it didn't the other day!  Also, tried the pipe command and that didn't work the other day but it does now. Perhaps one of the download updates affected it, as I downloaded ten on the ninth and may have fixed it.  :doh:

Skhilled

Yes, they hid them although they were telling everyone it no longer worked or was apart of Windows but then people started discovering where they hid it...in the /Command directory. I always figured they would never get rid of it because it is the core of Windows and you need the cli to fix a lot of things.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.