• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 137
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

IOTW 4th November 2013

Started by Beaux Reflets, November 04, 2013, 06:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Congratulations ABERS on your image being selected for IOTW as chosen by last weeks winner Karen.

Image is now live on front page, or you can view the image in the gallery Here should you wish to make a comment etc.

More information on IOTW works can be found here   How IOTW works
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Beaux Reflets

After viewing this weeks IOTW for a few days, I now wonder whether Alan is making a statement with this shot ?

I really like the tonal changes, the lone figure, and the general cool atmosphere, but I get the overriding impression (from the crop and truth of the lens) that the fabric of the church / image is portraid leaning to the right, and or away from the light coming through the windows  :-\

Beyond this; It would be interesting to hear what other think about each IOTW  :tup:

DigiDiva

Nah, you have been drinking!!!  I like the silence and solitude of the image. The lone visitor seems lost and looking for direction (from heaven??)
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

ABERS

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on November 06, 2013, 06:27:44 PM
After viewing this weeks IOTW for a few days, I now wonder whether Alan is making a statement with this shot ?

I really like the tonal changes, the lone figure, and the general cool atmosphere, but I get the overriding impression (from the crop and truth of the lens) that the fabric of the church / image is portraid leaning to the right, and or away from the light coming through the windows  :-\

Beyond this; It would be interesting to hear what other think about each IOTW  :tup:

Of course I was making a statement Andy. The overwhelming peace and solitude of the interior coupled with an uplifting feeling of harmony between the light reflecting off the aged and hallowed stone walls complemented the muted colours of the mosaic flooring that had felt the tread of thousands of supplicants over the centuries made my pulse quicken as I viewed the scene. The walls slightly bowed to the majesty of the heavens and the vaulted ceiling reaching out to welcome the descant of the choir in the adjoining chapel, it all came together in an instant.

Then that bl**dy inconsiderate woman came and stood right in my way.

Apologies to Les Dawson! ;) :legit:

deetus

Quote from: ABERS on November 06, 2013, 07:18:42 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on November 06, 2013, 06:27:44 PM

Of course I was making a statement Andy. The overwhelming peace and solitude of the interior coupled with an uplifting feeling of harmony between the light reflecting off the aged and hallowed stone walls complemented the muted colours of the mosaic flooring that had felt the tread of thousands of supplicants over the centuries made my pulse quicken as I viewed the scene. The walls slightly bowed to the majesty of the heavens and the vaulted ceiling reaching out to welcome the descant of the choir in the adjoining chapel, it all came together in an instant.

Then that bl**dy inconsiderate woman came and stood right in my way.

Apologies to Les Dawson! ;) :legit:

Brilliant  ;D ;D

Beaux Reflets

:-[

My questioning comment was not made to belittle in any way. On the contary, once again Alan has produced a shot that made me think beyond what is immediately on view.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.