• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Weekend Comp. Chat Thread

Started by skellum, January 30, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

Good on ya Andy. Glad to have you here
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

oRGie

sent you a pm Mick, but I notice its not in my outbox, so not sure if you have it or not ?  (re prizes for weekend comp)

Alfonso_Frisk

when sending a pm you have to select the option to"save" to my out box.
its something I always forget to do here
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Terri

hi all, so excited to see the weekend comp is alive and well.

i keep telling my children (teens) to get off the computer and interact with real people. the level of anxiety i've had this past week re: losing contact and then finding people via flikr just goes to show that i'm as technologically addicted as my offspring!  :D

now.. off to think of something to lie under to take a photo and do Uni assignments.. considering how i may even combine the two activities!

Terri

ok, having actually done some study, i rewarded myself by a quick trip to the backyard with my trusty 50mm. shot this lying under one of our palm trees. we have very overcast weather at the moment, so the sky is not blue, and somewhat blown out. but i think i might like it. am i deluded?

wendoureecat

Nice shot Terri - am personally too scared to go outside and take pics today keep getting visions of walking outthe door and being burnt to a crisp within two steps  ;D and being a witch have always had nightmares about being burnt alive  ;D

Hinfrance

Quote from: Terri on January 31, 2009, 04:59:49 AM
ok, having actually done some study, i rewarded myself by a quick trip to the backyard with my trusty 50mm. shot this lying under one of our palm trees. we have very overcast weather at the moment, so the sky is not blue, and somewhat blown out. but i think i might like it. am i deluded?

Not deluded at all - I  like your palm trees - I might do the same, although it's only 10C here, not 40C as I have heard it might be down your way. Oh and the trees I have in mind are in the supermarket car park.

I won't enter one, just I'm a hopeless copycat. ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

wendoureecat

Been too busy packing and cleaning today to take any pics - daughter moving to Melbourne on Monday to start her new job as apprentice hairdresser at Rokk Ebony. Hoping tommorrow will be a bit cooler so my brain might work with some ideas cause this heat has caused my brain to go to mush.

Sarasocke

I've forgotten what heat is - certainly the outdoor kind  :(
I have a feeling the only place I'll be lying is in bed, I have a rotton cold which has turned MY brain to mush. Maybe I'll have a flash of imagination which will enable me to take a picture without too much effort.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

hevans

Well. if you're lying in bed, you could take a shot of the ceiling... that'd fit the brief.  :tup:

Get better soon!

Terri

sorry to hear you aren't well carol... try and get lots of sleep in - usually one of the upsides of being ill  ::) (mmm, i love to nap in the afternoon, it's probably akin to a fav hobby of mine). of course, if you get any nice get well balloons, you could take some pics, as they float near your ceiling!

as for mine.. not sure if i'll enter that. i have considered doing some more lying down and shooting up, but given the weather, the ground is a bit soggy. but you never know, i might get some other idea. now, if only i lived in a mansion with one of those huge chandeliers......

Terri

?

[/quote]

although it's only 10C here, not 40C as I have heard it might be down your way. Oh and the trees I have in mind are in the supermarket car park.

I won't enter one, just I'm a hopeless copycat. ;)
[/quote]

now, if it was only 10C here, i might be inside too. anything below 20C and i'm too frightened to go outside ... i'm such a baby. but i guess years of living in the tropics does that too you. 

rather than a pic of the trees in the supermarket carpark, i think you should post a pic of YOU taking that shot... just imagine, lying in the carpark. what would people make of that?  ;D

lisa

Sarasocke

What a good idea Lisa !
Pity the pic's not "clickable", or is that not possible here ? It would be great to see it at full size.

I'm still coughing well, but refuse to take to my bed  :P The hounds have to be taken out anway. So I'll either have to give in to my fuzzy brain, or take myself off tomorrow with the camera.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Eileen

Nice one Lisa. I got a few possibles today while out on the DCMAG meeting in London. Not stunners, but interesting I think and maybe worth posting. It was so sold my brain froze and I need to thaw a bit before I have the energy to process them. Thanks to CC for hosting the comp.  :tup:
thumbs up
I have visited this site from time to time before but will now check in more regularly.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.