• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Who would you like to shoot with?

Started by krennon, July 09, 2010, 10:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

I was just thinking, if I could spend a day on a shoot with a pro tog who would it be...Obviously this is subjective as each of us is into different types of photography, but for me it would have to be one of the wildlife guys.
It would be (in nor particular order)
Andy Rouse just to get some shots of Gorillas would be the ultimate for me,
Simon King well worth it one of the best Big Cat Cameramen there is (and a very good photog as well) or
Charlie Hamilton James again a great cameraman and photographer (he had a piece in this weeks AP if you want to learn how to try and get Kingfisher shots try and get a copy).

What about the rest of you if you could spend a day on a shoot with a pro tog who would it be and why?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

spinner

Aw, damn, I thought this said who would you like to shoot, I had huge list.  :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

nickt

I'd like to shoot with James Nachtwey. He's a very cool dude. His photos of war torn countries from Africa to the Middle East are fantastic.

Nick

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on July 09, 2010, 04:11:28 PM
Aw, damn, I thought this said who would you like to shoot, I had huge list.  :legit:

Great minds think alike!  :2funny: :2funny:

Zenmer

Definately Simon King, I find him not only a good cameraman but very knowledgable about his subjects, and he doesn't have an annoying voice
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

ABERS

Been giving this some thought and it seems that the photographers that would be in demand are those that get to places that we don't normally get to, i.e. war zones, exotic wildlife locations, access to famous people or so called celebrities, where, if we had those opportunities I am sure we could come up with some equally stunning shots. Since most of us don't have the drive, ambition, patience or means to undertake those things we fantasise what it would be like to be in their shoes.

The opportunity to have a couple of hours just meeting and talking to the photographer/s of your choice, would I'm sure, allow you to pick up a couple of nuggets of photographic wisdom that would influence your approach to the medium.

Much better than dodging bullets, tramping around in hot steamy jungles or putting up with egos the size of the The Albert Hall. ::)

I'd like to go to tea with Jane Bown and Don McCullin. There are a couple of others I'd like to invite, but they've popped their clogs. (James Ravillious and Bert Hardy) :(

P.S. I see from our club programme that my favourite Sports Photographer of all time, and former picture editor of the Observer, Eamonn McCabe, is to visit and give a talk. That should be enlightening and interesting. :tup:

CML-1591

Quote from: ABERS on July 10, 2010, 08:25:28 AM

I'd like to go to tea with Jane Bown an

I was just happy to remember who this person was and remember couple pieces of her work from the Observer, or was it another paper place/thing...

I guess mine are the obvious:

Chase Jarvis (someone frm my uni building has worked with him) and Joe McNally, (These people have the knowledge and visit lots of places).

Others inc. Todd Owyoung, Bert Stephani and Pieter Van Impe, Lisa Lucky or is it Lucky Lisa as she is known on the net...

Although I seem to be drawn to Robert Capa but we all know that isn't going to happen...

Someone from the year above me on the same course is going to assist Annie Leibovitz, pfft, lucky
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Oldboy

Quote from: CML-1591 on July 10, 2010, 02:29:05 PM

Someone from the year above me on the same course is going to assist Annie Leibovitz, pfft, lucky

Isn't she the one who had to pick up a camera again as she went bankrupt!  ???

You could send a email to all of them asking if you could go on a shoot with them for experience. Only need one to say yes. Remember if you don't ask you will always wonder. Good luck.  :tup:

picsfor

Bailey!

Almost last of a generation - you gotta get in there before they all go.

Oh yeah - and OldBoy with ALL his kit  :tup:

alan1j

Have to be Simon King for me as then I could photograph some Big cats in the wild. That would be awesome.. :tup:

Simon could guide me in the art of wildlife photography which at the moment I'm totally useless at :2funny:

chris@seary.com

Martin Parr.

It would be fascinating to watch him while he's working.

picsfor

Quote from: chris@seary.com on July 19, 2010, 07:35:52 PM
Martin Parr.

Queue Jonathan  :doh:

ABERS

Quote from: chris@seary.com on July 19, 2010, 07:35:52 PM
Martin Parr.

Having seen him on one or two TV programmes you would have to be fit to keep up with him. He seems to snap at everything in sight and then work out which picture he can con us all with or load them all in to one of his many interminable books.

You may have gathered I'm not a fan. ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.