• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 18
  • Total: 18
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

One - weekly comp chat thread 11th - 17th June 2012

Started by jinky, June 10, 2012, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

For this week's competition, in honour of the Dalai Lama`s visit to Leeds to address a business conference on "ethical business" at £345 a ticket,  I thought the old classic title of "One " would be fitting. Shoot one of anything at all making it as beautiful, enigmatic, simple or exciting as you like. Anything goes in processing.

Gives me an opportunity to post the Australian interviewer`s attempt at engaging  the DL with humour too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GogjFO8GNEo

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 11th June 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 17th  June 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 18th June 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 19th June May 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 23rd  June 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...
By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

SimonW

good subject. There HAS to be infinite ways to shoot this one.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: SimonW on June 11, 2012, 02:34:33 PM
good subject. There HAS to be infinite ways to shoot this one.

Yep, definitely more than one!

Don't think I'll enter this time though, as I'll be away for a fortnight from June 20th.
Unless of course someone offers to do the honours like setting up threads and the poll, in the unlikely event I'd win.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

WillyP

DigiDiva

Not sure I understand the topic.......................
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Quote from: DigiDiva on June 11, 2012, 09:39:11 PM
Chris, it is just one of anything, something, solitary, on it's own, one etc; etc;

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

WillyP

The ULTIMATE ONE. As I walked through the woods today looking for inspiration I saw a single, lonely rotted stump and thought, 'o, that would be good'. I took several pictures, and returned home. But then I though, 'a stump was one tree, but now is less than one. As I looked at the pic though, I relized it was more than one. It was actual 10.1 mega pixels. Too big! So I reduced the size a bit. In fact I reduced it to the ULTIMATE ONE, because 1 multiplied by one, is still one. It just doesn't get any more one-er than that.

Oldboy

Quote from: WillyP on June 12, 2012, 08:14:50 PM
The ULTIMATE ONE. As I walked through the woods today looking for inspiration I saw a single, lonely rotted stump and thought, 'o, that would be good'. I took several pictures, and returned home. But then I though, 'a stump was one tree, but now is less than one. As I looked at the pic though, I relized it was more than one. It was actual 10.1 mega pixels. Too big! So I reduced the size a bit. In fact I reduced it to the ULTIMATE ONE, because 1 multiplied by one, is still one. It just doesn't get any more one-er than that.

But can you reduce it to one pixel?  :P

Hinfrance

It's sort of green. I have to admit it doesn't say a lot to me ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

WillyP

Being one pixel it is, of course, also only one color.

:tup:

jinky

Quote from: DigiDiva on June 11, 2012, 09:39:11 PM

Yes kerbside got it right - one of anything. Cannot be simpler really - if there are two you have to clone one out which is allowed in processing without limits. Any colour, any size anything - that OK? ;)

Reinardina

Something like this: One Volunteer.  (This is not an entry by the way, as I did not take the picture.) It is however the latest shot of me, taken at today's volunteering stint.

Oldboy

Is that the same hammer you use to keep hubby in line?  :P

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on June 13, 2012, 10:42:24 PM
Is that the same hammer you use to keep hubby in line?  :P

No, even though the hammer is perfectly balanced, I prefer the simple wooden post. Much easier to get rid of afterwards; hammer it into the ground, burn it or simply put on the log pile!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.