• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 130
  • Total: 130
  • Google
  • Bingbot
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Hi every one

Started by GOLDENORFE, October 23, 2010, 07:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDENORFE

my name is Phil,     please dont call me a newbie  ;D

Mick aka lurkalot  asked my me join in here,   he did say everyone is mostly freindly  :2funny:

i mainly shoot macro and  landscapes through autumn to  spring before the bugs appear again :)

i use canon 450d with for macro  mpe-65, 100mm macro,kenko extension tubes, 430 ex flash, ect   ALL HAND HELD SHOOTING
most shots focus stacked

if anyone needs macro shooting help PM me or start a macro help thread .

dont know if i can post a few pics here to show what i do , will try and see what happens  :)

phil

skellum

Hello Phil and welcome to the site. Great shots by the way. I also had a look at your stuff on flickr, very impressive... :tup:

SimonW

Hi Phil and welcome. Those are some scary beasts you've shot! (And extremely well done too.)

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Just Dave

Hi Phil

Welcome to CC

Fine set of shots  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Hi Phil and welcome. Cracking shots all.  :tup:

jimthetrain

Hi Phil and welcome on board. Outstanding detail in those shots. Look forward to seeing more. :tup:

Jim
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Mick

Quote from: GOLDENORFE on October 23, 2010, 07:58:57 PM

dont know if i can post a few pics here to show what i do , will try and see what happens  :)

Hi Phil, and welcome to CC.  Glad you accepted my invite.  :tup:

Those shots are simply stunning, and glad you posted them here.   You're welcome to post shots in the forums or the gallery.  You can set up your own gallery or post one the Albums already there. Look forward to seeing more.

Any questions re the site then just shout.  ;)

Rgrds

Mick aka lurkalot
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Welcome to CC matey. Great set of inductory shots and look forward to seeing more.
Did you used to post in the old DCM forums ?
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Mick

I think after seeing Phil's macro work, I might as well delete my macro album.  It simply puts it to shame.  :doh:  :o

I was looking at his work on Flickr, just fantastic stuff.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

Wonder if Phil would be willing to write an article on focus stacking, if we ask him nicely.  :D

My Gallery

OpenSea

GOLDENORFE

thanks for the warm welcome everyone  :)

Quote from: admin on October 24, 2010, 10:53:50 AM
I think after seeing Phil's macro work, I might as well delete my macro album.  It simply puts it to shame.  :doh:  :o

I was looking at his work on Flickr, just fantastic stuff.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

Wonder if Phil would be willing to write an article on focus stacking, if we ask him nicely.  :D

already done focus stack tutorial on shooting a butterfly portrait,  where is the best place to post it?

phil

Mick

Phil, thanks that would be great,

I suppose we could add it here to start with, Photography techniques and how to's

And maybe port it to a proper article for the site afterwards, if that's ok with you of course.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

GOLDENORFE

no problem,didnt even find this section,   buried in equipment section  :doh:        who decided to place it in there then?

will post it there for now,  i keep being asked how to shoot the dewdrops so will do a tutorial on them sometime  :)
phil

Mick

Quote from: GOLDENORFE on October 24, 2010, 11:20:55 AM
no problem,didnt even find this section,   buried in equipment section  :doh:        who decided to place it in there then?

:hmm:  That'll be me I reckon, haven't a clue why I did that. lol.. :-[   I'll move it to the general Category for now, until we find a better place for it.  ;)  I think it was left over when we pruned the forum boards some time back. 

Thanks for pointing that out.   The Dewdrops tut would be great, thanks.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Sarasocke

Hi Phil!

A welcome from me too!

Awesome scarey pics .... what detail!

Just had a quick look at your stuff on flickr - I like a man with a dog as avatar  :dance:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.