• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 135
  • Total: 135
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Well they are certainly looking to make a buck or two. Trouble is a buck is worth less than when they bought the stuff, and the English Peso continues to be worth about the same as a broken seashell. And keeping a ship at sea isn't cheap - trust me. The daily charter rate is the same even if it is parked.

Remind me again, how much is the tax take on a litre of petrol again?

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

magicrhodes

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 19, 2009, 10:34:35 AM

Remind me again, how much is the tax take on a litre of petrol again?

Isn't it something like 70-80% but it is GREEN tax for saving the planet..... ::) ::)

Alfonso_Frisk

Over the last four months average for very large crude carriers' (VLCC) spot charter rates have fallen to below $30,000 per day on average. The rates had averaged about $80,000 in December.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

spinner

VW has just introduced a new model here, with TDI, I wasn't thinking of having a look. Then again, I could buy a lot of Gasoline for what it's cost to buy a new car. :( I hate the Gas companies.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

top totty

Bought one of those WII console games yesterday, gentle exercise my offspring said to me, do you good,keep your joints supple. Well for anyone thinking of buying one DON'T DO IT I only had a game of tenpin bowling and a game of basball, absolutely knackered. It's been thrown back in box never to be seen again.

anglefire

Quote from: Jonathan on November 19, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
I think in all this talk of manual focus we're forgetting the main point here.  Which is that my eye really hurts :).

Still, looks like the D3 can cope without me.  Next time I might just send it to the shoot and sit at home sipping margaritas.

Before you say anything about composing, that's a CROP :) - for obvious reasons I'm not going to post the whole thing.  This was taken at a time when I pretty much couldn't see the child at all.  They are all spot on.  It's also what happens when you leave your camera in your own custom "vivid sharp" setting by mistake. Which means that as soon as I can see properly I'll be dropping magenta out of all the pics.......

You mean you didn't trust the focusing of the D3? Only thought Canon's couldn't focus worth a toffee? :)

Anyway, hope your eye gets better soon - nothing worth than a bad eye.  :'(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

chris@seary.com

Jordan and bush tucker trials.

I don't watch the show, but have a good idea what goes on from the media.

So the public voted for her to do all the bushticker trials, even though she pleaded in tears for them not to?

So I wonder where all these schoolkids get the ideas for bullying their classmates via mobile text messages.....

Regardless of what people think of her over her divorce, she's still a mum (a caring one from what I saw of the Katie and Pete reality show last year). It's absolutely impossible to decide whether she's the goodie or the baddie in the breakup based just on what's said in the media. Anyway, there aren't good guys and bad guys in any breakup.

People can be crap. Why does someone have to be kicked like this when they're down?

A very British way of doing things, I think....

spinner

WAMT? and yesterday and the day before. My blood sugar playing up all weekend. Mild headache, eyesight gone to pot, fatigued. I knew it was an issue when my wife took a look at me and went into a mild panic. I don't know what was more disturbing, how I felt or her reaction to how I looked.  :o
Ol' blue eyes

magicrhodes

Quote from: chris@seary.com on November 23, 2009, 11:17:34 AM

So the public voted for her to do all the bushticker trials, even though she pleaded in tears for them not to?

So I wonder where all these schoolkids get the ideas for bullying their classmates via mobile text messages.....

People can be crap. Why does someone have to be kicked like this when they're down?

If you sell your entire life to make money and fame don't think you can turn it off when it suits you. She is reaping excatly what she has sown. Katie Price created Jordan to make money, she has created high profile personna when things were good she wanted all the publicity she could get, but with that came a darker side which showed all her flaws... The lesson we should be teaching girls who "aspire" to this life is not a new one..... be very careful what you wish for.....

chris@seary.com

Quote from: magicrhodes on November 23, 2009, 12:31:19 PM

If you sell your entire life to make money and fame don't think you can turn it off when it suits you. She is reaping excatly what she has sown. Katie Price created Jordan to make money, she has created high profile personna when things were good she wanted all the publicity she could get, but with that came a darker side which showed all her flaws... The lesson we should be teaching girls who "aspire" to this life is not a new one..... be very careful what you wish for.....

Can't help thinking that people's impressions of her relate to her accent....

Certain people in the public eye can do what they want, as long they as they have what British people refer to as 'class':
http://www.johannhari.com/2009/09/25/can-we-finally-see-the-truth-about-the-vile-queen-mother-

alan1572

rushing on a 60 mile round trip to install a comunal satellite dish and tv aerial in the pi**ing down rain and wind 4 stories up on scaffolding because the scaffolding was in a hurry to be taken down only to be told after i had done it and got cold and wet that the scaffolding was staying up for another week or so......what a fu**ing liberty.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

magicrhodes

Quote from: chris@seary.com on November 23, 2009, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: magicrhodes on November 23, 2009, 12:31:19 PM

Can't help thinking that people's impressions of her relate to her accent....

Certain people in the public eye can do what they want, as long they as they have what British people refer to as 'class':
http://www.johannhari.com/2009/09/25/can-we-finally-see-the-truth-about-the-vile-queen-mother-

This goes for the whole "don't you know who I am" culture... There is a story of a famous chap in America who raced to the front of a check-in desk and said "I have to be on that plane" upon being told there was a queue he uttered the line "don't you know who I am?" at which the lady got on the tannoy and said "there is a Gentleman at check in xx who doesn't know who he is, can anyone help?" when he replied under his breath "f**k you" she said "there is a queue for that too!"  ;D ;D ;D

Probably an urban legend but I like it

spinner

Being awake at 5:00 am but not having to work until 9:00 am. :P Have read all the posts, watched the morning news and now I'm just time wasting. Afraid to get stuck into anything interesting in case I loose track of time and end up in a scramble to get to work. Hate being late as there's generally no parking by then. I could go in early and listen to the hens cluck but that's only entertaining part of the time.  :(
Ol' blue eyes

magicrhodes

Beautiful morning ruined by having to go to work!  >:( >:( >:(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.