• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 137
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on January 03, 2011, 06:52:57 AM
Quote from: spinner on January 02, 2011, 10:54:21 PM
Chopped up a fresh Jalapeno pepper for a garnish. Rub my nose whilst doing it. Say no more.  :'( :'(

Could have been worse........much worse! ;)

Oh! You are rude!  :-[

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on January 03, 2011, 09:24:35 AM
Chopped up a fresh Jalapeno pepper for a garnish. Rub my nose whilst doing it. Say no more.  :'( :'(

Oh! You are rude!  :-[

I meant he could have rubbed his eye you saucy old trout! :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Back from hols (yay!).  Took a couple of small cameras with me so just grabbed any old SD cards I had lying around.  One was a 4GB EyeFi on which I took most of the pics.  They are all gone..... :(

First recovery app has found no data at all (which is very odd indeed).  2nd recovery app running now...
It's Guest's round

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Jonathan on January 03, 2011, 12:37:30 PM
Back from hols (yay!).  Took a couple of small cameras with me so just grabbed any old SD cards I had lying around.  One was a 4GB EyeFi on which I took most of the pics.  They are all gone..... :(

First recovery app has found no data at all (which is very odd indeed).  2nd recovery app running now...

Not good
which recovery progs you running?
undelete plus worked for me in the past as did zero assumption
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Graham

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 03, 2011, 03:51:11 PM
Quote from: Jonathan on January 03, 2011, 12:37:30 PM

Not good
which recovery progs you running?
undelete plus worked for me in the past as did zero assumption
Zero Assumption worked well for me when the police made me delete images under threat of having £5,000 worth of gear siezed just before Christmas!

(Details to follow.............maybe ;))

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Zero Assumption and PhotoRescue can get files back - but they are corrupt and can't be opened.

Stellar Phoenix, Remo, Data Rescue 3, Rescue Pro and Panic all say the card is empty.

I formatted the card, took a shot on a Nikon to force a sensible file structure and tried again but still no joy.

Best guess is that the EyeFi firmware stops the rescue apps getting at the data. :(

Sounds interesting Graham..........
It's Guest's round

Alfonso_Frisk

Jonathan check your email inbox
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

spinner

Quote from: Graham on January 03, 2011, 09:39:25 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on January 03, 2011, 09:24:35 AM
Chopped up a fresh Jalapeno pepper for a garnish. Rub my nose whilst doing it. Say no more.  :'( :'(

Oh! You are rude!  :-[

I meant you could have rubbed his eye you saucy old trout! :2funny:

Ah, yes. Well, without getting into details, I have been exposed to Pepper Spray on several occasions most unpleasant.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

alan1572

putting up a satellite dish for a friends dad as a favour and dropping my cordless drill...£500 to replace >:( :(
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on January 03, 2011, 05:38:35 PM
Zero Assumption and PhotoRescue can get files back - but they are corrupt and can't be opened.

Stellar Phoenix, Remo, Data Rescue 3, Rescue Pro and Panic all say the card is empty.

I formatted the card, took a shot on a Nikon to force a sensible file structure and tried again but still no joy.

Best guess is that the EyeFi firmware stops the rescue apps getting at the data. :(

Sounds like a check sum problem. Taking a image with the card may overwrite a couple of pictures. Drop a note to the card makers and ask for their advice.  ;D

Oldboy

Quote from: alan1572 on January 03, 2011, 08:59:39 PM
putting up a satellite dish for a friends dad as a favour and dropping my cordless drill...£500 to replace >:( :(

Why does it cost us when we do a favour for someone.  :'(

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on January 03, 2011, 11:39:45 PM
Sounds like a check sum problem. Taking a image with the card may overwrite a couple of pictures. Drop a note to the card makers and ask for their advice.  ;D

I would expect recovery s/w to fix a check sum though....

Anyway - EyeFi support said "card is physically damaged - no hope of recovery - we'll send a new one".  On a tip off on a Flickr forum I tried the card in the official EyeFi reader.  They claim other readers don't supply enough voltage (which really looks like nonsense).  An hour later, Zero Assumption had recovered pretty much all the data.  Stellar Phoenix would have been a lot quicker but they wanted money ;)

So I have all my holiday snaps back. :D

And I still want to know Graham's story....
It's Guest's round

Mick

Quote from: Jonathan on January 04, 2011, 09:23:31 AM

So I have all my holiday snaps back. :D

Result.  :dance:

Anyway - EyeFi support said "card is physically damaged - no hope of recovery - we'll send a new one". 

So Jonathan, does that mean the card is physically damaged?  Or was it something else causing the problem?  ???
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

And I still want to know Graham's story....

I'll let you know when it's all sorted.
         I have to reply to their reply, and wait for their....er....reply.
               Graham. :knuppel2:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Quote from: admin on January 04, 2011, 09:42:41 AM
So Jonathan, does that mean the card is physically damaged?  Or was it something else causing the problem?  ???

My guess is no - but here's what EyeFi say about it

QuoteIt appears that usage of CF adapter has caused damage to the card. Although the corruption didn't happen while sitting in CF adapter it corrupted the partition so at one of the power cycles the data was lost.

Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why we ask not to use CF adapters with our cards.

They say that if you use a CF adapter with an EyeFi then sooner or later you will lose data.  Their theory doesn't seem to hold water and I reckon it's all down to their magic reader - but they are offering a replacement so it would be foolish not to accept.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.