• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 136
  • Total: 136
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

annoyed, depressed, despondent....It's only 7:40 am. here and already the humidity has the temp feeling like 31 C. By afternoon it's going feel like 37 C.  I don't mind the heat, but the humidity is a killer. Literally for some people.  :( I will likely have to abandon my den shortly as it is east facing and the sun will be pounding in the windows shortly.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

Quote from: Hybridphotog on August 02, 2010, 09:58:40 PM
Quote from: picsfor on August 02, 2010, 08:46:51 PM
Let's put you out of your misery then...

Simply Electronics is not a place you wish to do business with. It was on the "to avoid" list when PR was still DCM and still in its youth!
I see Park Cameras have a used 50D on their books. Don't know the price - but if its in your range they're very good on delivery etc. Failing that i can drop it off to you when i visit Suffolk next weekend (not this weekend). Clacton's only an A133 diversion  :tup: (or is it A120?)
Thanks for the information. Do Park Cameras have something against listing their second-hand prices, or is it just that particular 50D that they can't/won't show a price online for?
It's an odd one that. Some of the stuff gets listed in the used section  on other occasions they list it with the new stuff and don't add a price.
Probably if i went in the store it would be in the "used cabinet" with the price on (cabinet is where they house the good stuff like 1Ds and 1D models)

krennon

Quote from: Oldboy on July 31, 2010, 09:49:45 AM
Just been reading the online edition of Computer Active and came across this video of the lastest scam. You are cold called about a problem with your PC and to prove their point, they get you to open the event viewer which lists warnings and error messages, which are always present on your system, regardless of which Widows operating system you have. They claim to be working with/for Microsoft but Microsoft don't do this.  >:(

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/video/2266990/call-windows-service-centre%20

If you get one of these calls then hang up.  :tup:

Remember posting about this a few weeks ago, the gentleman purporting to be from Microsoft telling me I had a virus on my computer and they needed some info...at which point I told the heavily Indian accented man that I thought this was a scam call and he would not get any info from me and hung up.....the telephone version of the 419 scam.....along with the fax version we got at work the other day....As I said in my original post about the scam call MICROSOFT DO NOT AND WILL NOT TALK TO END USERS and never will, and if you are really really in schtook and manage to speak to Micosoft you will pay an absolute premioum for the privilege
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Jonathan

£500 to fix my D3 :(

It needs a new base plate unit.  Nobody's really sure what that is.  But to get at it you have to dismantle the camera and rebuild it.  You also need to replace lots of bits you break in the process.

Plus I just sold my D2s so I only have one decent camera ATM.  Apart from the blad.
It's Guest's round

anglefire

Isn't it, I only have 1 decent camera, and a Nikon? :)

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear your cam is at  the doctors. But you must have taken 80-100k clicks with it?
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on August 12, 2010, 04:57:11 PM
£500 to fix my D3 :(

It needs a new base plate unit. 

Screwed it to tight to the tripod then?  :-[

£500 doesn't seem to bad a price to pay.  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on August 12, 2010, 07:42:26 PM
Seriously, I'm sorry to hear your cam is at  the doctors. But you must have taken 80-100k clicks with it?

150K.  It's barely run in ;)

Quote from: Oldboy on August 12, 2010, 08:10:01 PM
Screwed it to tight to the tripod then?  :-[

No.  It has a Kirk L plate on it all the time (fantastic bit of kit).  The base plate unit appears to be part of the mirror box and controls aperture.  It's buried inside the camera and so needs a strip down and reassemble.  Nikon thoughtfully put a load of circuit boards on it.  Hence the cost.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

LR3 has downed my Mac again.  >:(
This time have a screenshot to show what's happening but can you report it to Adobe.
Their idea of support has clearly adopted the ostrich mentality - stick you head in the ground and pretend it doesn't happen.

I'm trying to sort out some shots from Sundays shoot to give the models, and at this rat i will just have to send them unprocessed originals from the camera except converted from RAW to jpg!

What's really annoying is that my LR3 catalogue can not be used with LR2 so if i go for an uninstall i will have to start all over again! Re-import, keyword, process every bloody picture.

Update - i've just been asked to submit feedback on my usage of the Adobe support system for my product - and, you'll love this, they don't even list LR3 as a product they support  :o

Honestly - you couldn't write it!

Ok - so now spoken to a nice man in support. He has logged into my machine and watched it in action.
Conclusion: LR3 likes lots of memory - the more pictures you have in a folder, the more folders you have and the more processing you do to a picture all adds to the memory requirements. Not just a little, but loads. Apparently my 3.5k of pictures with little more than cropping, saturation, clarity and some conversion to B&W with subtle slider bar adjustments has taken me to my limit for 4gb. I have had to delete a picture because i have processed it soooo much, it eats the whole 4gb of ram each time i click on it!
So to use LR3 like i would have used LR2 will require at least 8gb ram, and as i now have Snow Leopard installed i can up my ram to 16gb(but 8gb should do it).
Windows apparently is just as bad...

Jonathan

It's possible my photoshoot with the Saturdays has fallen through.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on August 20, 2010, 09:36:14 AM
It's possible my photoshoot with the Saturdays has fallen through.

don't think they understand what they'd be missing out on!  :tup:
their loss Jonathan...

anglefire

Should I say, "Who are the Saturdays"? Or would that show my age  ;D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on August 22, 2010, 07:09:39 PM
Should I say, "Who are the Saturdays"? Or would that show my age  ;D

A popular beet combo m'lud.  More popular in some circles for their pleasing appearance than musical ability.

http://www.thesaturdays.co.uk/gallery/
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on August 23, 2010, 08:03:15 AM
Quote from: anglefire on August 22, 2010, 07:09:39 PM
Should I say, "Who are the Saturdays"? Or would that show my age  ;D

A popular beet combo m'lud.  More popular in some circles for their pleasing appearance than musical ability.

http://www.thesaturdays.co.uk/gallery/

A group of "today" - a sort of "girls want to be aloud" sort of thing...
And no you're not showing your age.
I wonder how many men of a certain age watch Girls Aloud for their musical ability?

spinner

Quote from: picsfor on August 23, 2010, 08:06:39 AM

A group of "today" - a sort of "girls want to be aloud" sort of thing...
And no you're not showing your age.
I wonder how many men of a certain age watch Girls Aloud for their musical ability?

I was going to show my age and compare them to the Spice Girls. I have no idea who Girls Aloud are. I was about to say, my daughter doesn't listen to them, but I realized I have no idea what music she listens to these days.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.