• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 94
  • Mick
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Are there any free photography web hosts

Started by rksmith51, October 01, 2010, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rksmith51

I'm a little frustrated by the limitations and facilites of flickr etc, are there any free hosts for us.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

bones615

What do you want to do & what lmitations do you want to overcome.
For basic online storage I use my windows live (was hotmail) account for sharing with family & friends, 25gb free storage. I can put full size images for them to download and print if reqd but mostly just store web size images of family events/days out etc and send them a link.

Simon

rksmith51

Quote from: bones615 on October 02, 2010, 08:00:07 AM
What do you want to do & what lmitations do you want to overcome.
For basic online storage I use my windows live (was hotmail) account for sharing with family & friends, 25gb free storage. I can put full size images for them to download and print if reqd but mostly just store web size images of family events/days out etc and send them a link.

Simon
Excelent Idea, yes that's  just want  :)

Jonathan

If you're a photographer, or have more than one computer or ever want to share a file with anybody....then you really want to get Dropbox http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM5NTEyNDY5 (that link gets you a free account and gets me even more storage).

Drop a file in a folder on your computer and it's on all your computers and a secure website.  Invite family and friends to share stuff.  Plus it has nice galleries.  I use it all the time to show work to clients and send files to magazines etc.
It's Guest's round

rksmith51

Quote from: Jonathan on October 02, 2010, 09:05:44 AM
If you're a photographer, or have more than one computer or ever want to share a file with anybody....then you really want to get Dropbox http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM5NTEyNDY5 (that link gets you a free account and gets me even more storage).

Drop a file in a folder on your computer and it's on all your computers and a secure website.  Invite family and friends to share stuff.  Plus it has nice galleries.  I use it all the time to show work to clients and send files to magazines etc.

Thanks Jonathan, I've created an account I like the backup of online storage. I hope you get the extra space as I'm sure you can use it.

Bob

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.