• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103
  • Google
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Affinity Windows Beta Release

Started by Hinfrance, November 11, 2016, 09:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 09, 2016, 08:06:18 AM
Affinity has now been released for Windows - £29.99 or €39.99 until 22nd December. I've just bought my licence.

A superb piece of software - I am impressed and enjoying exploring its full potential - Thanks for the heads up Howard.

The new release discount has been extended until 5th January 2017 for those who are interested

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/new-features/?mc=PWLaunchFB1
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Do you use it to edit raw Fuji files Andy? I`ve just agreed a trade in on a very good deal for a twin lens XT10 but haven`t software tha will edit raws and this looks a cheap way. If I end up getting it.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on December 23, 2016, 02:40:46 PM
Do you use it to edit raw Fuji files Andy? I`ve just agreed a trade in on a very good deal for a twin lens XT10 but haven`t software tha will edit raws and this looks a cheap way. If I end up getting it.

I still have a passion for doing my RAW conversions with the Silkypix RAW converter 2 Paul; which is available for Free downloaded from Fujifilm.com, as the results are always very pleasing. And in truth, I have not yet tried the RAW conversion aspect in Affinity.

Pretty sure the SilkyPix 1 or 2 will work for the XT10 as I believe the Fuji in camera software is based on that software to provide the in camera jpegs  :tup:

anglefire

Has it improved since the beta? Didn't like it when I tried it - to be fair, I didn't like lightroom until about version 5.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: anglefire on December 23, 2016, 07:46:49 PM
Has it improved since the beta? Didn't like it when I tried it - to be fair, I didn't like lightroom until about version 5.

I think the Beta ironed out a few things although I did not get much opportunity to play before the final launch came. That said, I have not used Lightroom to be able to compare and I am still finding my way around Affinity.

The Affinity video tutorials are certainly useful regarding methods and shortcuts, and like most things it takes a while to discover all the wheres and what ifs.  It certainly looks good value for your money  :tup:

Hinfrance

The XT10 is listed as a supported RAW format on the Affinity site. I have used the RAW editor and it is up to the job, but I usually use ACDSee and then edit in Affinity afterwards if I need any tweaks that ACDSee doesn't offer (which is not much to be honest). ACDSee also supports XT-10 RAW files.

Merry Christmas everyone !
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

If I get my XT10 I`ll try the Fuji download - tanks Andy. I`m posting off my backup D7000 which they`ve given me a good bonus extra trade in against it and as a twin lens pack i`m getting a good price. My only fear is that they will suss the D7000 is a grey import - good nick as it is in. They`re only giving me £100 less than it was bought for if the agree with my condition assessment. never liked it so i`ll keep my D700 for the serious stuff and use the fuji for restricted luggage travelling if it comes off.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.